See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Department Profile
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses and to our own. About the role
Morgan Stanley is seeking an experienced and reliable candidate to join the Global eDiscovery and Investigations group as a Case Manager and Investigations hybrid within the Technology Risk division. The group is responsible for managing requests for electronic data and investigations that relate to litigation, regulatory, compliance, as well as insider threat, incident response and cyber security events. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic global function in the Hong Kong office.
The Global eDiscovery and Investigation Group is involved in eDiscovery and Investigation activities that center on the collection and analysis of data from the Firm's electronic systems. The primary focus of this role involves managing data collections request and ensuring that they are adequately formed, tracked, and responded to in an efficient and accurate manner. This includes working closely with clients at the outset of their requests to understand requirements, then providing a conduit to the technical team who will fulfill the request. The case manager provides a single point of contact and is responsible for the accurate and timely delivery of each request.
As an investigations hybrid, this will involve eDiscovery data collection, evaluation, and forensic review. A successful candidate will have a well-rounded technical experience and familiarity with performing forensic collection and analysis of data. An ideal candidate will be well organized, analytical, have strong communication and time management skills, as well as a detail-oriented approach to their work and quickly solve complex problems for the organization. They must demonstrate good judgment, be confident working independently and comfortable handling sensitive, confidential information. Qualifications: Skills Required
- Experience working in regulatory, compliance and/or litigation groups ideally within the financial industry, understanding of legislation pertaining to IT security and eDiscovery
- Working knowledge in the areas of eDiscovery, litigation support, or IT Security
- Experience in a client facing role with excellent customer service skills and ability to work under pressure handling complex requests
- Strong organizational skills and communication skills, in English language
- Data analysis skills with the ability to review log data and metadata by formulating queries and commands in data analytics tools such as Excel, SQL and Splunk
- Ability to describe technical concepts in non-technical terms to various stakeholders
- Good judgement and integrity, experience with handling confidential information
- Experience working internationally with peers/clients in different regions and time zones Skills Desired
- Familiarity with data collections related to email and messaging communications
- Experience in mobile, end point forensic review and data recovery, including basic knowledge of forensic investigations
- Digital investigations, incident response, insider threat, and cyber security incidents knowledge
- Strong data skills, scripting, comfort working through large and complex data sets