Asia Sourcing -Telco and Deputy Lead, Vice President (Hong Kong)
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 16 Jul 18 2018-07-16
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
Morgan Stanley Firmwide Sourcing (FWS) is looking for a sourcing professional to join Sourcing team in Asia with a primary focus on Network and Telecommunications voice and data, hardware and carrier transport services. In addition, the individual will also be the deputy head of IT Souring and be responsible for helping lead and develop the team.
The role is based in Hong Kong and reports to the Head of Asia IT and Non-IT Sourcing.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate highly effective oral and written communication skills, an ability to work independently and have an understanding of the vendors and industry practices within the Telco commodities. The role shall foster regional/global consistency where possible, by executing the following key responsibilities:
- Primarily responsibility for all Telco Sourcing activities across the region
- Day-to-day involvement in contractual and commercial matters and issues arising within the areas of responsibility. This will include, but not limited to, tender preparation, bid analysis, contract preparation and award, contract negotiation and administration, vendor management and external representation of the sourcing function.
- Knowledge of competitive opportunities within the all assigned categories and identify operational and cost savings to benefit the Firm.
- Working either autonomously or closely with business partners to develop sourcing strategies and lead commercial negotiations with vendors on a local or regional basis.
- Enhance the credibility of the function by working closely with internal business partners whilst demonstrating the highest standards of professionalism and commercial/legal expertise.
- Foster a positive team environment encompassing all job categories and functions within the Firm.
- Management responsibilities to help develop the team.
KEY INTERNAL/EXTERNAL CONTACTS
Depending on the project or contract, the Sourcing Manager will interface with various internal business partners and vendors. The individual must be adept and comfortable to liaise with, Senior Stakeholders, Legal and Compliance, Finance and Tax, Vendor etc.
- Providing recommendations on sourcing strategy and to advise best practice based on local market conditions across the various requirements in the country.
- Solid experience in various Sourcing categories
- Managing the full RFP lifecyle to include drafting the documentation, evaluation/analysis phases, bidder reviews interviews, negotiations etc.
- Reviewing scope documents and agreements
- Ensuring appropriate pricing strategy to secure competitive terms for future purchases
- Negotiator with vendors from both a financial and legal contract term perspective
- Liaise with in-house Legal and ensure contracts executed within the project timelines
- Change control assessment and negotiation as required
- Weekly activity and savings reporting
- Project documentation in accordance with the Firm?s requirements
- Utilizing Ariba eSourcing, and such other Firm systems
- Carry out financial risk assessment studies and procedural evaluations aimed at forming an independent assessment on project financial status.
Performing other services as required
- Lead the Asia Telco Sourcing team and other assigned reports.
- Experience: 10-15 years experience in strategic sourcing, contract negotiation
- Proven success sourcing in countries across the Asia region preferred
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills in English and Chinese.
- Proven success sourcing in Telco Sourcing
- Strong analytical, writing and critical thinking skills ? successful candidate must be able to analyze offers, business cases (including financial reports), processes and present a summary quantifying differences in a clear concise manner
- Effective communication to lead/influence a diverse group of people (cross-cultural)
- Organizational and project management skills
- Sound knowledge of industry and sourcing experience in Asia
- Ability to handle pressure and multi-tasking, proactive with strong negotiation skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where priorities can change quickly
- General understanding of regulatory and tax requirements within Asia
- Proven track record to lead and develop teams to be best in class.
- High degree of business acumen
- Ability to work autonomously and as a strong team player
- Banking experience is preferred but not mandatory
- Cost/operation analysis; expense control
- PC Proficiency: Word, Excel & Powerpoint
- Working knowledge of Ariba (Procurement and Sourcing)