Asset Management- Operational Risk Management - Associate - Hong Kong
Who We Are
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.7 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com . What it Means To Work Here
Here, you'll feel welcomed and valued. Our clients, transactions, deals and projects are global so we work hard to create diverse, inclusive teams that support our business and each other. Learn about our culture here . About Compliance, Conduct and Operational Risk:
Operational Risk Management is part of Compliance, Conduct and Operational Risk (CCOR), within the Risk Management and Compliance organization. CCOR maintains oversight of the firm's compliance, conduct and operational risk management activities and are responsible for the design and execution of the CCOR program, which consists of the second line of defense's responsibilities in managing the firm's compliance, conduct, and operational risk.
Our organization is focused on cultivating a stronger, unified culture that embraces a sense of personal accountability for developing the highest corporate standards in governance and controls across the firm. Business priorities are built around the need to strengthen and guard the firm from the many risks we face, financial rigor, risk discipline, fostering a transparent culture and doing the right thing in every situation. We are equally focused on nurturing talent, respecting the diverse experiences that our team of professionals brings and embracing an inclusive environment. Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will join a small team of risk professionals from a diverse range of backgrounds and experience who collectively ensure that the Firm's Operational Risk Management Framework is implemented and functions effectively within Asset Management.
Business Specific Requirements:
- Govern: CCOR in the second line of defense establishes policies and standards which set forth the requirements for the LOBs and Corporate Functions regarding the management of operational risk and enables oversight and independent assessment over operational risks inherent within the firm's activities.
- Identify: The LOBs and Corporate Functions have primary responsibility for the identification of the operational risks inherent within their day-to-day business activities, consistent with standards established by CCOR. CCOR provides oversight and independent assessment of the risks identified by the LOBs and Corporate Functions and, where appropriate, escalates any new or emerging risks or issues.
- Measure: CCOR independently assesses operational risks through quantitative and qualitative means. CCOR's independent assessment identifies risk drivers that may impact operational risk activities and the controls to help mitigate such risks.
- Monitor & Test: CCOR uses the results of risk assessments to identify heightened areas of operational risk to independently monitor the risks and test the effectiveness of controls within the LOBs and Corporate Functions. CCOR utilizes key risk indicators (KRIs), key performance indicators (KPIs), and other metrics to periodically identify areas where incremental monitoring and / or testing may be needed.
- Manage: CCOR informs the firm of operational risk levels and provides associated second line of defense support to all areas of the firm (except Audit). These activities include raising issues for the first line of defense to remediate through action plans and reviewing KRI and KPI thresholds. CCOR leverages a centralized strategy for metrics and dashboard reporting to support these activities.
- Report: CCOR reports on the results of its activities to the LOBs and Corporate Functions including changes in risk assessments, results of monitoring and testing, and required corrective actions. CCOR reports and escalates issues to the Directors' Risk Policy Committee (DRPC) and senior management consistent with the firm's escalation practices.
• Promote and instill a strong culture of Operational Risk Management (ORM) and operational excellence, partner with the business to continually improve OR processes and business operating models supporting safe business growth and informing and influencing risk-based decision making
• Review and credible challenge of business unit's documented operational risk processes and procedures
• Oversee risks associated with AM APAC New Business Initiatives (NBI) and other programs within the business and challenge the control environment within these programs Preferred qualifications:
• Minimum University/Bachelor's Degree with at least 4 years of industry experience
• Experience with risk management, product ownership, business management and operations, controls management, or application development with an emphasis on the financial industry
• Strategic thinker with strong analytical and project management skills with successful track record of completion
• Strong influencing skills and ability to drive change
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and thrive in a fast-paced and evolving environment
• Passionate and capable of learning in a changing environment while delivering results
• Detailed knowledge of Wealth Management will be an advantage as will previous Risk/Audit experience
• Ability to speak Mandarin a plus Diversity Statement
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce is directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable local law. In accordance with applicable local law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.