Assistant Actuarial Manager, IFRS 17
Bring your career aspirations to life with AIA!
Contributes to IFRS 17 project in data, system and process development, and collaborate with Group Office in establishing IFRS 17 methodology Job Responsibilities
1 ) Develop data, system and process for IFRS 17
- Assess the data and assumption readiness for transition to IFRS 17
- Provide user requirement for various data and systems (e.g. Prophet, reinsurance system and sub-ledger) to IT.
- Co-ordinate with IT or other parties to ensure the data and systems after development fulfill the user requirements
- Develop the IFRS 17 reporting process flow
2) Collaborate with Group Office in establishing IFRS 17 methodology
- Understand the HK product portfolio and assist in reviewing the accounting policy paper / practical guidance by Group Office
- Assess the assumption gap compared to IFRS 17 requirements and develop new assumptions
- Collaborate with Group Office in performing financial impact analysis, understand the impact on product profitability and formulate strategy
3) Perform data and system UAT, and other responsibilities and duties periodically assigned by supervisor in order to meet operational and/or other requirements Job Requirement
- University / College graduate
- At least 4 years experience in Actuary
- Good progress in Actuarial professional examination
- Knowledge in insurance products and IFRS4/USGAAP, IFRS17 will be an asset
- Proficiency in Actuarial Software - Prophet, especially Prophet ALS is a plus
- Experience in data and system UAT is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Good written and verbal English skill. Good written and verbal Chinese skill is an advantage
- Less Experience Candidate would be considered as Senior Actuarial Associate
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live healthier, longer, better lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.