Standard Life (Asia) Limited, established in 1999 and registered as an authorised insurer in Hong Kong, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Standard Life Aberdeen plc. Partnering with financial advisers and other financial institutions, Standard Life Asia in Hong Kong provides wealth management solutions focusing investment-linked insurance plans to help customers achieve their wealth and retirement goals.
- Be an integral part of the proposition development process by providing actuarial expertise into idea generation, feasibility studies, business cases and product development cycles.
- Perform pricing and profitability testing for new and existing propositions per the company’s Risk Appetite covering the full suite of Class A and Class C products.
- Produce comprehensive Risk Assessment and Profitability Reports, ensuring that all risks are fully addressed and reflected in the reports.
- Assist in preparation of regular Proposition Reviews
- Assist in the negotiation and analysis of reinsurance terms and pricing
- Develop and maintain pricing models and illustration systems
- Work closely with other departments in support of the policy concession process.
- Propose pricing assumptions by carrying out experience studies and/or through other supportable means.
- Perform systems testing on commercial related items covering changes to illustration systems, policy admin system, claims and reinsurance system, etc.
- Provide support on day-to-day product and technical/actuarial queries.
- Perform remediation calculations and other compensation/ restitution calculations.
- Provide ad hoc support to the Actuarial Manager on any pricing and commercial matters.
Qualifications / Experience / Requirements
- Degree holder in Actuarial Science or related disciplines and making good progress with actuarial exams
- Preferably 5 years+ of relevant actuarial pricing experience (both Class A and Class C business).
- Excellent knowledge in spreadsheets (including VBA programming), experience with Prophet is preferred.
- Good time management skills.
- Strong technical skills preferred
- Strong communication skills in both written and spoken English and Chinese; competency in Putonghua is an advantage.
- Good presentation, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.