Assistant Analyst / Analyst – Credit Ratings
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Pengyuan Credit Rating (Hong Kong) Company Limited
- 24 May 18 2018-05-24
We are an international credit rating agency with a rapidly growing presence in the offshore fixed income markets. To cope with our expansion, we are looking for a high-caliber candidate to join us as Assistant Analyst / Analyst – Credit Ratings. The team is responsible for analytical coverage of sovereign, public finance, corporate and financial institution credits. The newcomer will support senior analysts on credit rating assignments, research projects, financial modelling and data maintenance. Depending on the candidate’s background and experience, he/she may be assigned to one or more designated sector teams.
Depending on the candidate’s background and experience, he/she will be required to have some of the following responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of rating committee presentations, including rating reports, financial models and other materials.
- Prepare and contribute to research and publications on industry, economic and political issues regarding sovereign, corporate and/or financial institution creditworthiness.
- Collect data, undertake analyses and prepare templates in support of rating methodology development and refinement.
- Regularly update financial models on individual issuers; maintain macro and industry-level databases.
- Participate in meetings with issuers, investment banks, regulators and other external parties.
- Work on special projects as directed by the analytical team manager.
- Ensure personal compliance with all relevant internal and external rules and regulations.
- Travel will be required within the region.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in an economics or finance-related discipline.
- Experience covering sovereign, public finance, corporate or financial institution credits in a research or analytical capacity.
- For the Assistant Analyst position: 1-year relevant work experience is required; for the Analyst position: 1-3+ years of experience is required.
- Strong proficiency with financial models and financial data; understanding of basic econometrics is a definite advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office; working knowledge of Bloomberg is a strong advantage.
- Strong understanding of financial markets.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required.
- Ability to multi-task and manage deadlines under time pressure.
- Diligent and intellectually curious self-starter with strong work ethics and drive to succeed.
- Strong command of written and spoken English and Chinese. Fluency in Mandarin is a plus.
Should you be interested in the role, please send your CV and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only by lawful and fair means. The provision of your personal data is voluntary. Personal data will be kept confidential. You have a right to request access to and correction of your personal data provided in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) by contacting email@example.com.