Assistant Manager/Manager, Finance Operations
Established in Asia in 2013 with a trailblazer mentality, FWD is the primary insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group (PCG), with minority shareholders Swiss Re Group, GIC Ventures, RRJ Capital and Hopu Investments.
FWD spans 10 markets in Asia including Hong Kong SAR & Macau SAR, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan, Malaysia and Cambodia. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. We focus on creating fresh customer experiences and making the insurance journey simpler, faster and smoother, with innovative propositions and easy-to-understand products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to be a leading pan-Asian insurer by changing the way people feel about insurance.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of premium receipt, policy payment, and operating expense transactions.
- Review daily and month end journals, reports and schedules.
- Uphold and enhance internal control procedures .
- Contribute to procedural enhancement and to continuously improve operational efficiency.
- Prepare user requirements and perform UAT for premium receipt and payment related projects.
- Supervise and coach junior staff in the team.
- Perform ad-hoc assignments delegated by the manager when required.
- Degree holder in accounting/ finance/ business management.
- Sound technical knowledge in accounting with professional qualifications, such as HKICPA or equivalent.
- 8 years of experience in accounting or audit field.
- Life insurance work experience with knowledge of the business and understanding of operating procedures is highly preferred.
- Able to establish new ideas with reasonable judgement to ensure problems are resolved.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with good written and spoken English and Chinese.
- Committed and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Candidates with more experience may be considered as Manager.
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.