Assistant Manager - International Trade Operations - Document Checker
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
Apply LC document checking technique to ensure LC documents are complies with Letter of Credit terms and conditions.
- Follow ICC rules to complete document checking process.
- To process data / SWIFT input of Export and Import transactions to application systems.
- Prepare refusal advice to Presenting / Negotiation bank.
- Work with Middle Office, clarify / conclude with clients for discrepancies / irregularities / ambiguous conditions on documents.
- Follow-up client's acceptance and settlement instructions on documents.
- Minimizing operational failure, including but not exclusively, the risk of fraud, by helping to devise, and be implementing sufficient regular controls.
- Contribute to the implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities, such as Control Plan.
- To comply with the bank's regulatory requirements on vigilance checking.
- Responsible for reporting all incidents according to the Incident Management System.
- To ensure appropriate escalation to management and/or Permanent Control (or Compliance as appropriate) as soon as an abnormal issue is identified.
- Anti-Money Laundering / Financial Sanctions ("AML/FS") related duties. Operations are in integral part of the control framework including for AML/FS topics. In that respect, in performing your role you are expected to ensure adherence to AML/FS - related Group Policies and execution of associated operational controls, and to promptly escalate any resulting hit for analysis and decision.
- Share knowledge and experience with colleagues in team to build up team spirit and/or improve working efficiency.
- Contribute in developing new products or plans jointly with other teams / sites.
Technical and Behavioral Competencies required
- Understanding ICC UCP rules like UCP600, ISBP, URR725…etc.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- PC operation knowledge
- MS Office operations
Experience and Qualifications required
- 5+ Years related experience.
- Advanced Diploma or above
- Certified Documentary Credit Specialist (CDCS)