Assistant Manager, Accounting
About Dah Sing Group
The Dah Sing Group is a leading financial services group in Hong Kong offering banking, insurance, financial and other related services through its growing network of over 70 branches in Hong Kong, Macau and Mainland China.
Our currency is caring, teamwork and progressiveness. We accept that everyone is unique and different in talent, but alike in the capacity for growth. Our task is to shape a culture that creates a sense of pride in achieving something beyond just a job, and an environment where you can be your true and authentic self, like at home. Job Responsibilities
Reporting to a Senior Manager of the Financial Accounting Department, you will primarily be responsible for conducting independent checking and verification to provide assurance that the HKMA returns produced are accurate and comply with applicable laws, regulations and guidelines. You are also responsible for preparation of financial statements for banking companies and listed companies, drafting accounting policies and procedures manuals, and participating in accounting related projects such as system enhancement for accounting and regulatory reporting, user-acceptance testing of new products and other ad hoc tasks. To meet the challenge, you should have the following qualifications and attributes:
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or related disciplines
- Qualified accountant
- At least 3 years of working experience in the financial reporting function of a banking company
- Familiar with HKMA requirements including banking returns, listing rules, and regulatory requirements applicable to banks, insurance companies and listed companies
- Previous experience in system implementation of accounting systems will be an advantage
- Good communication and presentation skills, able to work under pressure
- Good leadership and interpersonal skill
- Proficient in written and spoken English and Chinese
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.