Assistant Manager, Accounting Controller
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
• Ensure adherence to Group accounting standards.
• Contribute to the coordination with local and central CIB Finance teams on control issues.
• Contribute to the assurance that key controls defined by the Group and CIB policies are rolled out in the region and effectively performed.
• Contribute to improving our internal process
• Contribute to the definition of account usage and setup
• Assistance to provide accounting advice to new products / process, Support local finance and operating departments on accounting standards and accounting
• Contribute to the maintenance of the account and control database for the region
• Perform 2nd level controls to the respective entities. Ensure that all accounting risk are reported in a timely and effective manner.
• Escalate , follow up on accounting risk issues identified and look for resolution
• Reporting of control results through FACT tool to Group Finance on quarterly basis
• Reporting of monthly control result to Local Finance / COO and quarterly KPI to Regional and local management
• To arrange regular meeting with local finance to go through the control report and findings.
• Identify system / control deficiency and propose solution to improve the control environment.
• 10. Ensure the standardization of controls and account setup consistency
Specific Qualifications Required
• Qualified Accountant
• Over 3 years audit experience in Financial Institution
• Strong control mindset and analytical mind
• Knowledge on Global Market Products and its accounting treatment