- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Hong Kong
- 31 Aug 17
Assistant Manager, Clearing Operations
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group committed to building a successful and sustainable future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve. With 1,700 branches and offices in 68 markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities to over 89,000 employees.
Supervise a clearing team to complete clearing operations to meet HKICL specified cut-off times.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Perform checker role to verify and validate transaction request, execute different kinds of transactions as authorized including but not limited to Cheque, Autopay, CCASS, Payroll, Book Transfer, Internal Transaction Posting, etc.
* Verify and supervise account reconciliation, clearing and settlement operation according to various specific internal and external cut-offs.
* Handle complicated internal and external customer inquiries / complains independently, confidently, reliably and timely.
* Resolve any operational irregularities.
* Perform regular updates to operation procedure manual, conduct internal trainings, etc.
* Assist to constantly review current workflow and practice, analyze customer requirements to identify improvement opportunities, initiate procedure streamlining, process re-engineering and rationalization to maximize productivity and resource utilization and improve service quality.
* Participate in projects for producing user requirements, drafting test plans and conduct testing such as UAT and drill tests, etc.
* Arrange to provide training for team members
* Perform other duties as delegated and assigned by the management.
Qualifications and Skills
* Diploma or above in Business Administration, Information Technology, Operation Management, or related disciplines
* Solid working experience in banking operation and branch operation, relevant exposure or experience in cheque clearing and electronic clearing operation a definite advantage
* Sound knowledge in operation risk framework and sensitive to identify operation irregularity.
* Mature, responsible, self-motivated, independent, positive attitude and willing to accept challenges.
* Able to work under pressure, tight deadlines and stressful environment.
* Good team players with good communication, interpersonal skills and problem solving skills.
* Proficient in PC applications including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, knowledge on VBA, developing Macro a definite advantage
* Good command of spoken and written English, Mandarin preferable
* Able to work on shift duty
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 31 Aug 17. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.