Assistant Manager, Finance
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
To coordinate across departments within the organization to ensure the design and execution effectiveness of internal control procedures for systems and processes compliant with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX); and to coordinate within Finance to meet various enterprise risk and compliance related reporting commitments.
Act as SOX coordinator and lead the end-to-end SOX review by working closely with internal process owners as well as Regional SOX team and external auditors to:
- Perform risk assessment and SOX scoping for the company
- Plan, agree and communicate the SOX review schedule and sample requirements with stakeholders.
- Follow through sample collection ensuring it is on track to minimize surprises
- Identify area of focus from auditors, resolve issues during the process with appropriate escalation if needed
- Assist to address the findings, if any, by enhancing the control design and the resulting documentation
- Prepare required materials for Management regarding the SOX audit
- Coordinate SOX audit requirement and findings with auditors
As the risk coordinator for Finance to:
- Maintain business contingency plan (BCP) for Finance and coordinate regular BCP related activities within Finance in accordance with corporate schedule
- Coordinate across teams within Finance to meet various enterprise risk and compliance related reporting commitments, including but not limited to departmental risk review, sensitive information review and monthly incident reporting.
- Learn and understand various internal policies and regulatory requirements to facilitate the completion of various templates to meet the reporting commitments
Support ad-hoc task assigned, e.g. evaluate business cases for allocating capital resources in alignment with the company's strategies
- University degree holder in Accounting or Commerce.
- Qualified Accountant or other relevant professional bodies is preferable
- Minimum 3 years of audit experience
- Knowledge in SOX audit is an advantage
- Attentive to details with strong time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work with diverse personalities, cultures and business practices inherent to an organization
- Strong influencing skills to communicate effectively with all levels
- Able to work independently with strong sense of ownership
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills; fluent in spoken English and Chinese