Assistant Manager, General Insurance Operations - HSBC Life
Join our fast-growing Asia Wealth Management teams
HSBC Life is a world-class institution where you can specialise in Insurance but enjoy the advantages that come with being part of a leading global international bank. Insurance is about people, and the promises they make. At HSBC Life we help deliver on these promises by providing a wide variety of life insurance products and services to our clients throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
Our employees enjoy a dynamic and innovative workplace and a world of opportunities to develop their careers in a high-profile growing business segment. We empower our team of high-performing individuals to build skills and explore new experiences to realise the full potential of being part of HSBC.
Together we pursue efficient ways of working. We harness the latest data and technology solutions to achieve meaningful outcomes for our clients. The protection we offer creates broad and lasting impact, helping clients to be healthier, more productive and more confident in their futures.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Assistant Manager, General Insurance Operations
. Principal responsibilities
- Implement advanced strategies for gathering, reviewing and analyzing business, regulatory, and reporting MI requirements
- Apply best practices for effective communication and problem solving
- Deliver initiatives, project as per confirmed requirement, agreed timeline and approved budget
- Accountable to ensure Insurance service targets exceed business partner and customer expectations with overall responsibility for continuous quality improvement and streamlining of Insurance business services
- Drive and govern Insurance business compliance with global quality policies, Insurance Partnership Target Operating Model for EDA partners, standards, guidelines and procedures with the objective of improving quality whilst increasing cost effectiveness and excellent levels of risk management
- Assist in managing IGSA, PLA, SLA, outsourcing agreement and relevant updates for services provided to the INHK business across the HSBC Group, Third Parties, and Strategic partners
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Educated to undergraduate or post graduate degree level in Business Administration, Operations, Information Technology or a related field
- Proven and progressive experience preferably incorporating IT and business requirement management principles, including product specification, system design and behaviour, business operation and continuous improvement activities
- Strong analytical skills to understand to translate, simplify and proritize the requirement as well as root cause analysis for remedial actions and preventive measures.
- Capable of conducting cost and benefit analysis
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required, including the ability to form effective relationships and achieve influence at the most senior level in the organisation.
- Understand and interpret complex business and Hong Kong Insurance requirements, including regulatory requirements
- Ability to work within an environment of different cultures.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.