Assistant Manager, Model and Innovation
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
The Model and Innovation team (1) performs advanced actuarial modelling to maintain and develop actuarial models, ensuring an accurate and efficient model for actuarial reporting, pricing and bonus recommendation purposes, and (2)
performs innovation projects within the actuarial teams helping the actuarial teams to be more efficient and effective.
- Model enhancement projects: perform modelling projects to streamline model runs, improve model efficiency, and address the issues raised by model users; understand the model issue and propose the optimal modelling approach with balance of technical robustness and operational efficiency; perform model enhancement in accordance with model control and validation requirements; analyze the financial implications under different reporting basis.
- Model maintenance: assist in the maintenance of advanced actuarial models, including the deterministic model, stochastic model, dynamic model and ALS model; perform regular model validation projects to ensure model accuracy; assist in constructing technical responses to actuarial queries from external stakeholders, including regulators, regional office and the UK home office
- Innovation projects: provide technical and project management support on special actuarial projects assigned by the Team Head and/or the Chief Actuary. Drive the use of new techniques in different actuarial tasks, for example, the production and development of new experience analysis.
- Coaching: provide guidance to junior staffs on model enhancement projects and model maintenance tasks and review their works
- University graduate, Associate of Societies of Actuaries or equivalent
- At least 3-4 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge and experience in life insurance industry, preferably with UK with-profits management, economic capital (e.g. Solvency II) and financial reporting experience
- Experience in Prophet or other equivalent actuarial modelling software; Exposure to Prophet ALS modelling would be a plus
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- A team player with good interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel