Assistant Manager, Product Development GIEB
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
This role assists to manage, innovate and design products to achieve sales target and profitability, as well as to increase competitiveness and market share. He/She will also provide coaching to team members and working with other stakeholders to roll out product initiatives according to business direction.
- Conduct product development process including design product skeleton, conduct market research, prepare product specification, develop sales materials and product literatures, enhance system, liaise with different departments for product approval, and prepare communications to sales channel.
- Explore new product initiatives - idea generation, conduct feasibility study, analyze market trend and environment, explore service providers for value added benefits. Provide inputs to underwriting and administration teams for product underwriting and administration.
- Promote and support sales via design/conduct training for distribution channels, and product marketing.
- Work closely with campaign team to develop marketing activities to promote products and sales.
- Introduce and develop digital tools to drive products' sales activities.
- Develop and coach staff to promote and achieve efficiency and excellence. Promote and ensure compliance of corporate standard, as well as legislation and regulatory requirement.
- University graduate in Business Administration, Marketing or Insurance equivalent
- Professional qualification in insurance industry (ACII or ANZIIF) is preferred
- 5-7 years relevant experience in product development or marketing for insurance products, preferably 1-2 years in managerial role.
- Experience in handling and meeting expectations of intermediaries and distributors is preferred
- Familiar with insurance market trends, industry rules and practices.