Assistant Manager (Projects focus)
Established in Asia in 2013 with a trailblazer mentality, FWD is the primary insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group (PCG), with minority shareholders Swiss Re Group, GIC Ventures, RRJ Capital and Hopu Investments.
FWD spans 10 markets in Asia including Hong Kong SAR & Macau SAR, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan, Malaysia and Cambodia. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. We focus on creating fresh customer experiences and making the insurance journey simpler, faster and smoother, with innovative propositions and easy-to-understand products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to be a leading pan-Asian insurer by changing the way people feel about insurance.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey.
This role is to lead new initiatives, digital and strategic projects to drive business from direct business partners.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders and vendors to implement new initiatives and ensure project delivery within the agreed timeline and budget
- Act as the main point of contact and cultivate strong working relationships with direct business partners to develop business opportunities
- Formulate operational procedures and standards, ensuring proper project documentation
- Ensure adequate controls and proper signoffs are in place to meet corporate governance and regulatory requirements
- Drive the team work to resolve issues during the project
- Build and maintain partnerships with key decision maker
- Collaborate with related key stakeholders for UR documentation, UAT planning and execution
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Business, Finance, IT or related discipline
- Qualification in PMP is preferred
- A solid understanding of life insurance business with at least 5-7 years of proven project management experience
- Experience in Customer relationship management or marketing digital technology is preferred.
- Good product knowledge in general insurance is an added asset
KNOWLEDGE & TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Strong communication, interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills
- Good MS Office skills with analytics capability
- Energetic and passionate with a detailed mind and a heart to make things work
- Ability to work under pressure and solve problems independently in a fast-paced environment
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.