Assistant Manager/ Senior System Analyst
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
FWD spans Hong Kong & Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore and Vietnam, offering life insurance across its markets. In Hong Kong, FWD also provides general insurance, employee benefits, pension and financial planning services. FWD’s strategic focus is to leverage technology to create fresh customer
FWD spans Hong Kong & Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore and Vietnam, offering life insurance across its markets. In Hong Kong, FWD also provides general insurance, employee benefits, pension and financial planning services. FWD’s strategic focus is to leverage technology to create fresh customer experience, deliver easy-to-understand products, and achieve its vision to become the leading pan-Asian life insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
FWD is the insurance business arm of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities of FWD Hong Kong have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited has been affirmed ‘A3’ by Moody's and ‘A’ by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received ‘A’ rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 487,000 customers with over 600+ staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey.
We are hiring different levels of talent to fill up our new projects vacancies in 2018. Ideal candidates who have solid experience in developing mobile app, IoT, big data analytic, chatbot & CRM using Java/.Net integrated with AS400 platforms, and with strong passion to work with us as technology enabling team. The following openings are available.
- Responsible for managing projects throughout its life cycle including feasibility study, user expectation management and change management
- Oversees project execution within budget and time frame, measuring/identify potential risk and recommends risk mitigation wherever appropriate
- Propose on system development strategy and planning
- Evaluate and recommend new IT products and services
- Monitor the performance and ensure quality support of all existing IT production systems
- Assist on executing IT initiatives & strategies, developing best practices adhere to system development standards
- Monitor the quality of the system integration vendors
- IT staff recruitment, coaching and mentoring
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent, minimum 8 years working experience in Information Technology with supervisory experience in leading a team
- Solid experience in enterprise-scale application development
- Sound knowledge in project management and essential with certification in project management such as PMP
- Experience on running Agile Scrum project is a plus
- Good technical knowledge in AS/400 and/or Java EE, MS.NET platform
- For Java EE/MS.Net platform, having experience on any of mobile app development, node.js, angular, Microsoft bot framework, SOA/Microservices, Devops is a plus
- For AS/400 platform, need to have competent knowledge in Life Asia, Capsil, AS/400, middle ware connectivity like MQ and client-server technologies integrating with Front-End System
- Having knowledge on BI/MI, ETL, data-warehousing, CRM and big data would be considered for data analytic team.
- Good knowledge and experience in implementing enterprise-scale IT system for Life Insurance and Life Insurance products and workflow
SENIOR SYSTEM ANALYST
- Manage projects implementation
- Carry out feasibility study of any new requirements
- Prepare documentation on requirement, technical specification and user manual
- Perform system design, development, testing, implementation, support, maintenance and enhancement
- Evaluate and recommend new IT products and technologies
- Gather business requirements, perform analysis and work out project prioritization which agree with business and IT team.
- Prepare SIT / UAT test plan and manage test execution and documentation to ensure completeness and traceability.
- Ensure change requests are well managed and prioritized according the change management control
- Coordinate and facilitate the project execution related activities
- Perform user training and prepare user manual
- Coordinate with IT and user team on system deployment arrangement
- Ad hoc duties as assigned
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent, minimum 5 years' related working experience
- Experience in development and implementation of application systems
- Proficient in Java EE / MS .Net application development, preferably with knowledge on Mobile app (IOS/Android) development experience
- Knowledge on node.js, Angular is preferred
- Experience on Microsoft bot framework, SOA/Microservices, Devops implementation is a plus
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) is required
- Preferably with good knowledge of software implementation best practices
- Having knowledge on BI/MI, ETL, data-warehousing and big data would be considered for data analytic team.
- Good project management (Waterfall/Agile Scrum) and communication skills, able to work with user departments and vendors
- Good analytical mind and problem solving skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Good team player, self-initiative and pro-active
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.