Assistant Manager , Capital Management
Bring your career aspirations to life with AIA!
Responsible for providing advice and making assessment on the performance and profitability of the business
1. Par Fund Management and Asset Liability Management (ALM)
- Prepare bonus recommendation, crediting rate and ALM reporting; provide analysis to management, support business development and present details to management
- Review asset share calculation and other operations related to Par fund management to ensure adherence of treat customer fairly principle
- Support Actuarial Pricing team on Par fund management related matters; ensure meeting the upcoming regulatory changes and any inquiries from regulators
- Prepare material for various ALM initiatives for Par fund management to ensure sustainability of Par Fund
- Provide professional advice to product ideas, business mix and growth to our partner for the benefit of improving capital and cash generation
- Perform Strategic Asset Allocation (SAA) to review capital implication and manage Par fund's ALM position through SAA review process
2. Performs other responsibilities and duties periodically assigned by supervisor in order to meet operational and/or other requirements
- University / College graduate plus at least 4 years of relevant experience
- Attained or close to attaining Fellowship in Actuarial professional examination
- Knowledge of statutory balance sheets, embedded values and risk analysis. Exposure to more than one regulatory and risk management framework is helpful (e.g. net/gross premium reserves; IFRS and US GAAP; HKIO and RBC; BELs and TVOGs).
- Proficiency in actuarial software e.g. Prophet is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office (e.g. VBA) and database skills
- Good communication, presentation and project management skills.
- Sound people management and analytical skills.
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live healthier, longer, better lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.