Assistant Manager / Manager, Compliance
- Not Specified
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Invesco (Hong Kong) Limited
- 20 Nov 17 2017-11-20
#L1-SP1 Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $917B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $917B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries. (*As of September 30, 2017)
The incumbent is primarily focus on performing the day to day investment compliance monitoring activities independently to ensure the investment portfolios adhere to the applicable regulations and regulatory guidelines as well as the requirements from the prospectus and the clients. The incumbent also provides advice to the stakeholders on investment products, investment management and trading activities from Compliance’s perspectives and performs monitoring on the business units whose business activity coverage is in Greater China.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to the on-going development and implementation of the risk based Investment compliance monitoring approach and framework
- Monitor the compliance of investment restrictions with the use of Charles River and Aladdin
- Code and review the investment restrictions in the investment compliance monitoring system and test the effectiveness of the newly set-up or revised rules
- Investigate the actual and potential investment breaches and trading errors and follow up with the relevant parties on the rectification
- Coordinate brokers approval requests from Traders and Portfolio Managers
- Perform trade surveillance activities such as best execution, fair allocation review.
- Provide Compliance advice on investment management activities, trading activities and investment products upon the requests and enquiries from internal and external stakeholders
- Keep track on the regulatory changes on the substantial shareholders reporting regime in the Asia Pacific jurisdictions and prepare the necessary regulatory disclosure filings
- Assist in handling auditors’ visits and due diligence meetings with trustees, clients and prospects
- Prepare regular compliance certificates and reports for submission to the clients, affiliated companies and trustees
- Coordinate with regional compliance counterparts in completing the regional projects/common compliance tasks
- Communicate with global compliance counterparts on global projects/initiatives
- Assist with ad-hoc compliance work and projects as required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting/Finance/Law/Business or related disciplines
- Investment compliance experience is essential, working knowledge on investment management and trading activity is highly desirable.
- 3 - 5 years relevant experience in a related role, e.g. compliance monitoring, internal/external audit, provision of quality assurance, preferably gained through practical experience in asset management companies
- Proficiency in investment compliance monitoring system (e.g. Charles River, Aladdin, Bloomberg)
- Good understanding of the asset management industry and its regulatory environment in Hong Kong
- Strong product specific knowledge, including unit trusts, mutual funds, MPF products, UCITS, alternative investments and ETFs as well as strategies/segregated mandates
- Working knowledge on exchange traded and OTC derivative instruments, including futures and options contracts used in hedging strategies as well as government and corporate bonds, equities, and foreign exchange contracts.
- Strong prioritization and problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure and timeline
- Detail oriented, high integrity and excellent work ethics
- Strong oral and written communication skills in both English and Chinese
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a group setting
- Demonstrate flexibility, enthusiasm and a willingness to learn.