Assistant Project Manager
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
APAC Finance Project Team.
1. Deliver high quality systems/reports to Finance users in the context of ever changing business & reporting requirements.
2. Guarantee consistency of Finance systems/reports across the region, in adherence to the Group's standard.
3. Provide efficient support to Finance teams in the daily production tasks.
1) Drive and manage all stages in project life cycle. (mainly Corporate Banking and Account Payable projects)
- Understand and ensure all user requirements are properly captured
- Carry out feasibility study, assess potential impact and define target operating model
- Develop project scope documentation, project plans and project schedules
- Contnuously coordinate with IT and other finance users
- Prepare test case, arrange UAT and ensure adequate testing is performed
- Arrange smooth go-live implementation and provide post go-live support
- Undertake risk analysis and proactively identify mitigating solutions
- Timely track the progress of projects against agreed timeline and budget
- Present project status regularly to senior management
- Build and maintain a trusted relationship with all project stakeholders across different functions (PMO, IT, finance users, operation teams)
2) Provide support in case of production incident.
1) Identify area of improvement; streamline the existing processes for efficiency improvement.
2) Support team head to monitor the budget and progress reporting
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
o Adequate knowledge on accounting treatment (especially on Corporate Banking and Account Payable)
o Knowledge on CIB front to back operation and Account Payable function (such as SAP) is preferable/
o Proven ability in project delivery
o Good command of written and spoken English
o PC skill such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
o Excited about driving change
o Strong communication and interpersonal skills
o Ability to work in multicultural environment, as the role needs to deal with different stakeholders across APAC regions
o Self-driven and able to work independently
o Attention to detail
o Able to work under stress
o Strong problem solving and logical thinking skill
o Team player and ability to muti-task
Specific Qualifications (if required)
o Accounting/Auditing related experience And / Or finance project experience in Financial Institution. (5+ years)
o CPA preferred, but not mandatory
o Experience in project management and PMP qualification preferred, but not necessary