Assistant Retail Risk Analytics Manager - Global Risk
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 08 Feb 18 2018-02-08
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfiling your potential right here at HSBC.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, financial crime and regulatory compliance, market and reputation risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Assistant Retail Risk Analytics Manager.
In this role, you will
- Strong understanding of financial industry and knowledge of programming language like Statistical Analysis System.
- Support data management projects and or Business intelligence needs.
- Create and execute moderate to highly complex programs with organized structures and proper documentation
- Diagnose and resolve moderate to complex issues and improve the efficiency of processes and programs
- Manage delivery within agreed timelines and as per agreed quality standards.
- Expertise and endorsement is required from colleagues in Risk, Product, Finance, and various analytics functions at country, regional, and global levels.
- Methodology and execution governance processes are subject to scrutiny and modification by internal operational risk control teams including Independent Model Review and Internal Audit.
- Demonstrate strong project management abilities in delivering large and complex projects.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- University degree or post graduate qualification with a relevant quantitative content
- Good work experience in risk modelling and management, credit cycle management and data analytics in retail banking environment
- Knowledge and understanding in one or more of the below areas preferred: such as Basel, International Financial Reporting Standard 9, Stress Testing Model Development, Model Monitoring, Implementation and Execution Acquisition and Behavioral Risk, Scorecard Model Development, Business Strategy Development and Monitoring Loss Forecasting and Provisioning MI, automation and streamlining of work process
- Strong experience in data analysis using relevant software packages, for example Statistical Analysis System, Excel, Visual Basic for Applications, SQL.
- Demonstrate strong problem solving and project management skills
- The ability to communicate with a various range of stakeholders including technical and non technical staff
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000A32C
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited