- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Hong Kong
Assistant Risk and Control Manager
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Acting as the 1st line of defense, responsible for all the assurance testing (key control self assessment) for Securities Services Operations.We are currently looking for Assistant Risk and Control Manager.
Key Roles and Responsiblities
* Execute periodic 1st line assurance testing (KCSA/KRI/CST/KCI)
* Gathering samples and documentation, conducting tests, investigation and reporting of exceptions and escalation to business heads as appropriate.
* Identify and assess the risk rating of current processes and be able to pinpoint the control failures and gaps.
* Follow up on risk item tracking and resolution, present results in multiple Ops risk forums.
* Facilitate the roll-out of ORF issued by group operations governance teams by reviewing the new operation procedures and associated testing, discussing with the team to seek for feedback, and counter-proposing revised procedures and testing to address the true key risks identified from day-to-day operations.
Required Skills and Qualification
* Undergraduate degree - major in areas relating to Finance. Audit background is preferred.
* Solid experience in support functions OR Risk managing roles within operations with product exposure in Financial Markets.
* Knowledge of Custody operations is preferred
* Ability to multitask under pressure and deliver against target timelines.
* Interpersonal skills in networking, communication and ability to show initiative and creativity to influence others
* Strong communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
* Strong attention to details and excellent analytical skills, and ability to ensure data sensibility and accuracy.
* Ability to identify process and control weaknesses, and opportunities to escalate for management attention so as to improve operating procedures and risk management.