Assistant Vice President-Group Risk Management (Group Credit Risk Management)
- Providing support to the Group Credit Risk Management Team in managing the day-to-day responsibilities of the credit risk team and projects in continuing to enhance the credit management framework.
- Conducting credit risk assessment on HKEX members, investment counterparties and related sovereigns and ensure these meet policy standards.
- Supporting the enhancement and implementation of the existing credit risk management framework.
- Driving industry/country risk analysis and ad hoc credit risk projects to proactively manage credit risk and ensure understanding amongst Executive in a clearly visible and credible manner.
- Taking ownership of relationships with external and internal stakeholders to ensure risk assessments are understood.
- Ensuring monitoring of early warning indicators to identify changes to credit worthiness of the top entities faced and appropriate escalation procedures are undertaken. Recommend changes to conditions and limits dependent on changes in circumstances.
- Providing support to the team for complying with all regulatory requirements, such as facilitating discussions with the SFC and finalizing regulatory projects.
- Documenting the policies and procedures in accordance to HKEX practices.
- Degree or equivalent in quantitative finance, mathematics, economics or related discipline
- 8 years or equivalent in quantitative finance, mathematics, economics or related discipline
- 8 years credit risk experience at a top tier financial institution
- Proven record of financial institutions (Banks, Brokers and Insurance firms), Corporate and Sovereign credit risk assessments
- Understanding of clearing and exchange house operations
- Good understanding of Corporate/Financial Institutions credit
- Ability to explain complex methodology to wide ranging audience.
- Ability to prioritize workload in order to meet deadlines and to manage expectations.
- Good judgement and clear decision making ability
- Strong numerical competency
- Effective critical analysis and reasoning skills
- Ability to act as part of a small team and also autonomously upon own initiative as required.
- Ability to influence people and drive decisions.
- Clear and logical thinker with ability to make rational decisions when under pressure.
- Productivity with a high degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Fluency in written and spoken English; Mandarin is a plus
- Strong and confident communicator both verbally and in written form.
Applicants who do not hear from us within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data provided will only be used for the purpose of employment application to HKEX.