Assistant Vice President, Business Risk & Control
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- China CITIC Bank International Limited
- 20 Oct 17 2017-10-20
Proactively facilitate the identification, assessment, measurement, mitigation and monitoring of operational risk in the assigned areas.
- Proactively facilitate the identification, assessment, measurement, mitigation and monitoring of operational risk in the assigned areas
- Partner with the business management to continually conduct root cause analysis and benchmarking to improve our control processes and business operating models
- Review Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) to identify key operational risks and effective mitigation actions/ measures
- Understand the relevancy and meaning of relevant regulatory requirement, bank policies, guidelines and procedures (e.g. HKMA guideline, code of conduct, internal control, risk management, etc.) Ensure procedures, guidelines and practices are in place to comply these polices
- Review customer complaints with regulatory and compliance concerns, ensuring completion of root cause analysis and thereby devise effective corrective and preventive measures
- Assisting the department head in various business risk & control related matters, among other things:
- Monitor operational loss and KRIs
- Monitor timely completion of the NPA Log in EIP and post-launch reviews
- Ensure outsourcing annual reviews are completed in accordance with Bank policy
- Drive achievement of balanced scorecard KPIs related to risk management
and regulatory compliance
- Maintaining appropriate and orderly records and providing information to facilitate management reporting and analysis
- Degree holder in Business Administration, Accounting or related discipline
- Minimum 8 years of experience in personal / private banking operations or compliance or controls and operational risk functions preferable
- Sound knowledge and experience of retail banking/ private banking and business banking
- Good understanding and knowledge of operational risk and internal control principles; ability to assess risk trends
- Thorough understanding of regulatory / risk framework under HKMA and Basel
- Ability to drive business risk and control management within the first line of defence, implement control frameworks and obtain stakeholder’s buy-in
- Driven, independent and analytical
- Experience in project management capabilities to delivery regulatory related transformation initiatives
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills with experience in managing difficult and sensitive situations / issues
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese
(Candidates with more experience will be considered as Assistant General Manager, Business Risk & Control)
For more details about career opportunities with the Bank, please visit our website http://www.cncbinternational.com/careers/en/index.jsp. Please apply with full resume stating current and expected salaries via https://careers.cncbinternational.com/ or email to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment related purposes only. Applicants not invited for interview within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. However, applicants may be considered for other suitable positions within the Group for a period of not more than 2 years. Personal data will be destroyed at any time after 3 months.
China CITIC Bank International is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and intends to provide a work environment free of unlawful discrimination or harassment. All employment decisions will be made in a non-discriminatory manner.