MUFG BANK IN HONG KONG (Incorporated in Japan with limited liability) MUFG has had a long-standing presence in Hong Kong for over 65 years. Today, MUFG is served by our commercial banking, trust bank as well as its securities arm. Our strategic partner, Morgan Stanley is also based in Hong Kong.
This role is responsible for the risk management and credit monitoring of specialised assets portfolio for APAC post-financial close. These are based on structured financing structure and may be in form of bilateral, club or syndication. Sectors covered are power, natural resources, infrastructure, aviation, shipping and real estate sectors.
- Prepare rating reviews, credit applications, financial analysis, renewal/ extension of credit limits, action plans, provisional risk scoring and usual portfolio management requirements for existing and restructured transactions.
- Identify risk issues, close monitoring of and reporting on the status of the borrower and underlying project conditions, including escalating the departments where appropriate.
- Timely monitoring of due dates for credit applications, borrower ratings, covenants, undertakings, collateral checks, KYC and compliance requirements in order to mitigate credit risk to the Bank. Including executing related analysis, computation, reporting requirements, update of internal systems.
- Review, modify and/or create financial models, where changes occur to assumptions to ensure models remain accurate and relevant, including sensitivity and valuation analysis.
- Prepare regular reports, including but not limited to credit conditions and instructions, stress tests, sector monitoring and accounting and tax related reports, presentations to management or credit committee.
- Work in partnership with and liaise with customers, agents, external consultants, relationship managers, structuring teams, credit teams, middle offices, regional branches, subsidiaries, affiliates and other departments to support the team responsibilities.
- Cooperate with and respond to auditors, regulators or similar to ensure accurate reporting and assessment.
- Work on secondary transfers and loan participation.
- Coordinate and prepare for internal and external audits or regulatory inspections.
- Support in developing and updating local credit policies to ensure alignment with all relevant regulations.
- Support the delivery of timely process improvement initiatives and ad-hoc projects for the Team.
- Degree qualified. Finance or banking degree would be advantageous.
- Desirable to have 4-6 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in reviewing and preparing credit application recommendations and reviews of credit controls.
- Familiarity in project and financing documentation.
- Basic skills in critical and data analysis, impact sensitivity studies, financial modelling.
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Proactive and a team player.
- Sector knowledge in aviation, project finance, shipping or real estate financing, and banking products would be an advantage.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.