Associate - Product Strategy
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
Our decades of global leadership in active fixed income investing have prepared us for the complexities of alternative strategies, grounded in a solid foundation of macroeconomic analysis, fundamental research, and relative value comparisons. Over the last 15 years, PIMCO has built a alternatives platform that today manages over $130 billion in assets providing our investors with access to new potential opportunities through innovative strategies spanning global macro, commodities, risk premia, structured and corporate credit, and the full spectrum of residential and commercial real estate markets.
PIMCO is seeking an Associate to join its Asia Pacific Alternatives Product Strategy team in Hong Kong. Main responsibilities:
• Serve as product expert internally (and as appropriate, externally) for PIMCO alternative strategies, including hedge funds, private credit funds, and real estate funds.
• Support product strategists in Asia Pacific business development and client service efforts, utilizing the firm's internal resources to respond to client, prospective client, and consultant inquiries in a timely manner. Assist in the resolution of related operational/trade matters.
• Perform detailed portfolio research and quantitative analysis with Excel, Bloomberg, and database applications, for example.
• Support Asia Pacific alternatives business management activities, including development and execution of business plans by country, maintaining investor pipelines and developing product marketing plans.
• Conduct industry and competitor research to support product development activities.
• Provide performance attribution analysis and write market and strategy commentary for investor newsletters. Develop and maintain marketing and client reporting materials.
• Build internal relationships and partnerships with portfolio managers, account managers, account associates and marketing, communications, and compliance professionals. Position Requirements:
• Two to four years of related investment experience is desired.
• Prior hedge fund, private equity, private credit, real estate, commodities, and/or fixed income experience preferred.
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, along with strong time management.
• Effective communication skills is essential given the frequent level of internal and client contact.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel and proficiency with Bloomberg. Experience with VBA and/or SQL is a plus.
• Sharp focus on details with an awareness of the bigger picture. Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects in an organized fashion.
• Four-year college degree with a major in Business/Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering or applied science. Alternatively, comparable work experience may be substituted for others.
• CFA designation or active status in the CFA program is a plus.
In addition to displaying a strong commitment to PIMCO's culture, values and approach, personal characteristics for this role include the following:
• A sense of personal accountability and urgency for achieving results.
• Ability to work effectively with all levels of personnel.
• Foster a sense of teamwork, assisting others when needed/required.
• Flexibility and professional demeanor in a challenging, fast-paced, environment.