- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
Associate Analyst 3
Location: Hong KongRole :
This position supports Credit Research functions for Asia Pacific in conducting research, monitoring economic, corporate sector and banking developments, all with a view to ensuring the quality and consistency of credit ratings of sovereigns, corporates and financial institutions in Asia Pacific
- Help support thematic research initiatives to reinforce Moody's thought leadership position in respect of Asian credit markets, in particularly China.
- Assist in the preparation of research reports by gathering and processing data, preparing charts, and providing statistical and analytical support
- Compile and maintain databases on credit and economic information for ongoing monitoring of our ratings and preparation of research reports
- Administrative tasks including to liaise with other offices and departments in responding to queries, and related preparation of materials
- Position involves working on multiple concurrent projects. Candidate must be able to adapt to changing priorities and function effectively under tight deadlines.
- Position involves extensive research. Candidate are expected to have passion and self motivation in research.
CSS - Credit Strategy and Standards
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics or a related discipline
- 1 to 4 years related work experience.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability;
- Sound knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint, Bloomberg, WIND, other data management software and databases
- Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks, adapt to a changing environment, and prioritize accordingly
- Proficient in English (required) and Mandarin (required)
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.