- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Sep 17
Associate Analyst 3, Banking
Location: Hong Kong
The Associate Analyst's (AA) job is one of supporting analysts who rate financial institutions. The successful applicant will be involved in assisting analysts in all aspects of the rating process, including monitoring rated institutions and developments in the financial sector, assisting lead analysts with analysis and modelling, as well as the preparation of publications and rating committee packages. The job also involves establishing effective relationships internally and contributing to the overall success of the team in meeting its targets.
Ratings Quality and Transparency
- Monitor and advise lead analysts of potential credit implications of developments at rated financial institutions, and in the financial sector more broadly
- Support lead analyst by preparing research publications, rating committee presentations and client presentations. This may include gathering data, undertaking financial analysis, preparing graphs and contributing written analysis
- Liaise with Moody's Financial Data team on the preparation of financial statements, as well as other factual publications
- Compile and maintain peer comparisons, industry statistics and graphs, bond prices and spreads relevant to portfolio
- Perform administrative tasks for, among other things, rating committees, portfolio reviews and time-sensitive projects
- Interact with intermediaries and issuers on rating-related matters
Research Timeliness and Quality
- Provide assistance in research projects and publications.
- Support analysts in external outreach events such as seminars and conferences.
- Participate on calls and meetings with market participants.
- Working with others in your team to help them be as capable, efficient and motivated as possible. Actively contributing to a culture that is supportive is a key attribute.
Cross group cooperation
- Seeking to encourage cross group collaboration to further the organizations goals
Efficient and effective processes
- Ensuring that you are a) compliant with Moody's minimum standards b) as efficient in meeting Moody's goals as possible
Research and Rating Support - Banking
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business, Law, or other relevant discipline.
- Strong understanding of bank accounting is essential
- At least 2 years' work experience in a credit analysis, accounting or financial analysis role
- Good verbal & written communication in English and Mandarin.
- General understanding of capital markets will be an advantage but is not essential.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel is essential
- Strong organizational, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Must display initiative and the ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Professional presentation
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.