Associate, Business Development
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Milken Institute Asia Center
- 07 Dec 17 2017-12-07
The Milken Institute is looking to hire a Business and Program Development Associate with a special focus on North Asia based in Singapore. For the candidate with strong intellectual curiosity and drive to achieve, this is an opportunity to become a key player in an entrepreneurial, growing and dynamic organization involved in some of the most important global issues. Working closely with the Director of Business and Program development, the position is responsible for maintaining a robust development program that works with major donors, events, industry partners, corporations and foundations.
The Associate will work closely with the Director of Business and Program Development to support the strategy and engagement with strategic partners, assist with program development, audience building and finding the supporters for our events: the Asia Summit, the Women Leader’s Summit, the Global Conference and the London Summit. He/ she will be involved in our year round programming for Young Leaders Circle and Senior Regional Leaders.
· Provide support for supporters and corporate sponsors throughout the year by building relationships with key contacts and being responsive to their requests, particularly in preparation for and during major conferences, with regular communication around logistics of their conference engagement and proactively managing these relationships;
· Help maintain the relationships with executives from asset management firms, investment banks, entrepreneurs, philanthropists, and c-level executives
· Conduct research and identify opportunities to grow our partnership base through our research and convenings;
· Attend client meetings, produce post meeting reports, manage CRM database, and create sponsorship proposals to potential partners in coordination with the business development director;
· Support major benefit and cultivation events, including tracking invitations and replies, coordinating with vendors, following up with attendees;
· Communicate effectively across the Milken Institute to help support the coordination and integration of partnership relations throughout its Centers and Departments.
· Assist with creating fundraising proposals to individuals, corporations and foundations, ensuring all reporting requirements are met
· 3-5 years relevant experience, in a events, corporate communications, sales support or sales role in private bank, investment bank or asset management. Ideal for candidates looking for better work life balance and transition from private to public sector
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Fluency in English as well as at least one other Asian language: Mandarin, Korean or Japanese
· Ability to effectively prioritize and respond promptly to internal and external communications
· Precise attention to detail and high standards of excellence
· Strong ability to conduct research across various actors in the finance industry
· Must be able to handle problems quickly and efficiently
· Personal attitude that includes being outgoing, entrepreneurial, action-oriented, and flexible
· Most importantly, enthusiasm for the mission of the Institute and its potential impact
· Priority will be given to candidates with North Asia experience and network
We offer a demanding, yet supportive and collaborative work environment where ideas and ingenuity matter. Apply today if you’re ready to grow and help us make a real impact in the world.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org