A Top Tier Investment Bank is currently looking for a Associate, Credit Product Delivery to join their team. Able to provide competitive remuneration. Responsible for facilitation and management of the deal lifecycle from mandate through to execution, providing transaction support and managing the document execution and deal closing process.
Join an American MNC, which provides Private Banking, Asset Management, Treasury & Security Services, Private Wealth Management services and is one of the largest banks in the United States with a history dating back over 200 years.
Credit Products Delivery (CPD), under Commercial Bank Wholesale Lending Services, is a dedicated lending & trade finance execution support function with the ultimate goal of providing a superior client experience ensuring timely client focused service whilst retaining a strong risk and control framework locally and partnership with regional and global teams to deliver consistently. The team supports the Bankers and Trade Sales and works closely with business partners across Credit, Legal, Compliance and line of business operations to deliver a client focused support model and seamless execution.
In carrying out this role the key responsibility is the facilitation and management of the deal lifecycle from mandate through to execution and serving as the first point of contact for Bankers and Trade Sales, providing transaction support (particularly for cross-border and complex transactions), and managing the document execution and deal closing process. Partner with the LIBOR Transition Project team and work across multiple business and product lines, support LIBOR remediation efforts in accordance with the firm-wide transition plans, ensure delivery of satisfactory client experience. The role will report to the Head of Hong Kong Credit Product Delivery. This position will be based in Hong Kong.
Deal Closing & Client Support
- LIBOR transition and transformation: coordination of legal document remediation process, escalate any issues and roadblocks to Bankers and the LIBOR Transition Project team
- Transaction coordination: primary point of contact and escalation across end to end deal lifecycle, including onshore, offshore and cross-border deal coordination
- Provide insight into negotiation of legal agreements and status of transaction closing. Escalate backlogs and issues to Bankers as needed to move the transaction along the closing lifecycle
- Track handoffs, process and timing/requirements, metrics and escalations as required
- Pipeline Management and Support.
- Query Resolution
- Coordination of legal documentation across all lending products
- Managing the execution of credit facility letters, deal closing process, ownership of sourcing and reviewing client constitutional documents, conditions precedent / subsequent
- Preparation and coordination of deviations (including approvals) during negotiations across all categories
- Populating standard agreements and performing gap analysis / preparation work on non-standard docs for legal
- Manage controls framework, reporting and escalation for transaction execution
- Working across functional areas to ensure all operational, financial and technology risks have been addressed
- Collaborating with business and support functions to drive best practices both internally and in the external markets
- Bachelor degree in related disciplines and 5+ years of working experience
- Fluency in English and Cantonese
- Credit Administration, Transaction Management or Credit Execution experience
- Strong credit and documentation knowledge across core lending products/agreements (e.g. Loans, Trade finance, specific local market knowledge where required)
- Strong relationship management and partnership with the Business, Technology and Corporate groups
- Sound understanding of banking processes and products
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and deliver solutions at root cause
- Highly organized, motivated and strong prioritization skills
- History of success working in a team environment
- Flexibility to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Strong decision-making capabilities and the ability to identify problems and drive to resolution
- Proactive/self-starter with the ability to deliver value-added support to business partners and clients in a dependable, timely and accurate manner
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to accept new assignments and challenges in a rapidly changing environment