Associate, Crisis Manager - APAC Business Continuity Management - Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 23 Mar 18 2018-03-23
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
Overview of Business Continuity Management (BCM)
The global Business Continuity Management (BCM) program is a critical component of the Firm’s resiliency serving to prepare the Firm for, and to coordinate during, any event that threatens the Firm’s ability to conduct its business as a result of a disruption to its technology, facilities, critical services or a result of a life safety event.
This mandate is carried out through two core functions. The first is Business Continuity Planning that is responsible for establishing a framework and standards for continuity planning, identifying risks around each plan, and providing effective challenge to plans. The second is Crisis Management that has responsibility for assessing incidents for impact to the businesses and, as appropriate, escalating to and coordinating among key partners, overseeing invocation of plans and managing the communication of the Firm’s response during incidents.
Overview of Role
The position of Business Continuity Crisis Manager is responsible for the management and execution of the Firm’s crisis management function in the ASIA region. This includes supporting global crisis management in conjunction with other regional BCM teams around the globe. The Crisis Manager will be responsible for acting as a subject matter expert in incident management practices, conducting training and executing on continual process improvement across the BCM program. Additional responsibilities will include the management use of crisis management-related tools and technologies.
Morgan Stanley’s Business Continuity Management team has an open position for a Crisis Manager to join its ASIA team.
- Manage the regional implementation and maintenance of the Firm’s global crisis management program, processes and procedures
- Provide leadership and subject matter expertise during response to regional and global crisis events and coordinate engagement and response of crisis managers
Regularly and proactively assess regional/global events or potential incidents which may require the engagement of the Firm’s crisis management program
- Develop and manage the training of regional crisis management teams and other educational efforts for regional crisis managers
- Establish and maintain relationships globally with appropriate partner response teams and business units
- Act as a subject matter expert on the use of crisis management tools and resources including rapid notification and impact assessment tools
- Own, track and report on regional crisis management metrics, issue and change management actions, and post incident documentation including process improvement initiatives
- Work with regional leadership and other teams within the Firm to strengthen coordination during incident response
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 years’ experience in crisis management or related field
- Strong organizational and decision-making skills
- Must be able to interface and coordinate work efficiently and effectively with business partners
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, including ability to articulate complex issues and incorporate feedback
- Proficiency in crisis management best practices
- Disaster Recovery Institute International (DRI) certification, Business Continuity Institute (BCI) certification or similar would be a plus point