Associate Director-Sales-Maritime and Trade
- 80K+Bonus compensation
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- IHS Markit ..
- 13 Sep 17
A sales role in Hong Kong responsible for local new revenue growth, account management and customer delight for Maritime & Trade (M&T) products/services. Regional responsibility will also include the Taiwan market.
Specific Job Duties:
- Manage existing Book of Business (BOB) in defined territory with strategic and results-oriented efforts to minimize cancellations, up-sell M&T products, and cross-sell non-M&T products.
- Develop and bring a robust pipeline of new business opportunities by extracting value from your personal network and working across the major IHS verticals, especially Energy, Industrials and Government and to penetrate prospects that are IHS clients in other business lines or completely “new logo” business opportunities.
- Develop and manage the commercial relationships and revenue streams with existing IHS/M&T customers/prospects in defined territory while exploring new partnerships to scale up as quickly as possible.
- Special focus will be on developing business opportunities of the Maritime & Trade business line related to the financial markets in Hong Kong. This includes the identification of data needs from the Buy as well Sell side and craft the right sales strategy around the existing product/services available.
- Use a combination of commercial skill-sets and experiences in order to succeed both internally and externally in achieving your sales and non-sales objectives for the fiscal year.
- 5+ years of sales experience in the Financial, Maritime and/or Trade/Commodities environment in Hong Kong/Taiwan.
- Understanding of consultative selling techniques - able to close deals and build relationships.
- Ability to work as part of a team, or to work autonomously and be self driven and self directed.
- Comfortable in a virtual team with manager in a remote location.
- Understanding of legal environment of local markets, follows direction from legal counsel on contract terms and conditions.
- Comfortable working in a highly complex and fast paced organization.
- 3-5 years proven consultative selling.