Associate Director, Information Technology
FWD spans Hong Kong & Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan and Malaysia. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (Incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability) has been affirmed 'A3' by Moody's and 'A' by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received 'A' rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 504,000 customers with over 730 staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey. The Job:
- Responsible for managing IT projects throughout its life cycle, including requirements management, resources planning, prioritization, budget monitoring, clients' expectation management, system design, change management, contingency planning, risk assessment and mitigation
- Lead multiple teams of developers to implement various Life Systems project initiatives
- Work closely with project manager, vendors, contractors, and project team members for delivering quality projects and services
- Manage project execution, communicate project progress and issues to project stakeholders, including analytical reports, presentations and other documentations as necessary throughout the project delivery process
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
- Establish technical design and development standards
- Maintains a measurable and quality of project deliverables within defined and agreed upon project requirements
- Oversee the quality of project / systems deliverables
- Oversees project risks, identifies, determines and recommends risk mitigation solution on projects and implements as appropriate
- Manage to ensure round-the-clock availability of the IT production systems.
- IT staff recruitment, coaching and mentoring
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent, minimum 15 years' working experience in Information Technology, with at least 6 years at a senior manager position, specialized in system development
- Proven track records in managing Front-end systems design and implementation
- Successful implementation history of large scale enterprise financial systems
- Broad understanding of the technology industry, including current and emerging digital solutions
- Strong leadership and technical background
- Able to communicate well on both technical and business level, and effectively manage IT development teams, users and vendors
- Implementation experience in enterprise scale Life insurance systems, e.g. Point of sales, New business/underwriting, claims, compensation system and workflow will be an advantage
- Candidates with less experience will be considered as Senior Manager position
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.