Associate Director, Operational Risk Management, GWAM Asia
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You've come to the right place. We're looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we'd like to hear from you. Job Description
Global Wealth & Asset Management (GWAM) is the global asset management arm of Manulife and provides fee-based wealth solutions to retail, retirement and institutional customers around the world.
The Associate Director, Operational Risk Management of Global Wealth and Asset Management (GWAM) Asia will be responsible for assisting the Head of Risk, GWAM Asia, to fulfill the second line of defense's mandate to design, implement and execute an effective risk governance and management program and oversee operational risk mitigation activities within GWAM Asia. What motivates you?
We are looking for someone with:
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
- You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone
The ideal candidate will have expertise in the asset management industry across a broad spectrum of asset classes, including fixed income, equities, real estate, alternatives, derivatives, with knowledge of various vehicle types such as institutional separate accounts and mutual funds. In addition, the candidate will have significant experience in managing an operational risk program for a large financial institution.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
On the job you will:
- A seasoned risk professional with 10 years of risk management, finance and/or audit experience
- Fluency in English
- Deep knowledge of Asia region and local practices
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills and proven ability to develop effective working relationships with business and functional partners to influence decisions
- A highly motivated and results-oriented individual with an established track record in managing effective programs and transforming strategy into action
- Demonstrated management and leadership capability, including knowledge of effective change management techniques to lead the organization through an evolving environment
- Strong program and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to articulate complex technical issues
- Highly developed business acumen, and pragmatic approach to solving problems and implementing solutions
- Solid analytical and creative problem-solving skills and the ability to motivate others to implement new solutions
- A strong moral compass and a commitment to high ethical standards
- A talent mindset
- Experience interactive with stakeholders and teams across multiple countries
Conduct activities to facilitate the effective implementation of an operational risk framework within GWAM Asia. This will include the following:
Our commitment to you
- Facilitate Risk and Control Self-Assessments: documentation of key risks and controls and development of action plans to remediate control gaps
- Develop Key Risk Indicators to track identified risks
- Review internal and external risk incidents/ loss events, including root cause analysis and action plans
- Contribute to the design and execution of scenario analysis for key risks
- Identify emerging risks
- Support change management for new products and initiatives
- Develop close partnerships and provide valuable collaboration with business and functional leaders to ensure that key risks are properly identified, managed and mitigated
- Support the development and maintenance of GWAM Asia Level Risk Appetite Statements and associated metrics
- Contribute to developing a strong risk culture and work with the business to reinforce accountability and transparency across the organization
- Provide support for risk aggregation and reporting
- Our mission; to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
- A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
- Our best. Every day.
Learn more about opportunities with us at www.manulife.com/en/careers/why-join-us.html Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today. About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com .
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance , annuities , investments , 401(k) plans , and education savings plans . Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com . Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact email@example.com .