- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Hong Kong
- 06 Nov 17
Associate Director, Operations Planning & Control
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Operations Control - Branch Process and Procedure
Description : - Standardise process management across RB and execute DOI rationalization
- Ensure seamless implementation of projects and systems through robust UAT and change management across business, technology and operations
- Develop a Branch Operations Manual (BOM) dedicated to branches covering end-to-end handling procedures of key operation functions. Prioritize and issue the contents of BOM to frontlines by phases
- Maintain documents such as BOC, Manual, Broadcast, etc. to Branch Intranet System (BRIS) as per request received with appropriate approval obtained
Measures and Targets: - New process are developed according to standards and areas of rationalization are completed as planned.
- Identify and drive opportunity improvement areas
- Synergies in Sales Governance, Fulfilment Team, Client On Boarding, teams identified with plans to realize the benefits.
- Consolidate relevant handling guidelines stipulated in documents such as BOC, DOI, Manual, broadcast, etc. into respective BOM chapter according to the BOM project plan
- Conduct walk thru with relevant stakeholders for large scale procedures changed/ new procedures to facilitate and fasten the BOM review and approval process
- Highlight key amendments/ new handling procedures to facilitate briefing/ training to frontline by Branch Support Managers
- Timely issue/ obsolete documents in BRIS according to the agreed turnaround time. Clarify and follow up with the requestor if the document maintenance request does not fulfil the requirements e.g. no approval obtained
Operations Control - Risk Management Compliance
Description : - Reinforce front line capabilities
- Improve frontline branch operations control and efficiency
Measures and Targets: - Develop training programme and deliver training for non-sales staff such as CSA DIR, BSM, SBOSM/ provide reinforcement
- Provide intensive training of specific branch operations for reinforcement e.g. Financial Security Document (FSD), etc.
- Reinforce key branch operations flow via regular briefing sessions e.g. BSM Meeting, Joint Control Thursday, etc.
Conduct and People Management
Description : - Raise the bar on conduct & strengthen engagement and collaboration
- Build bench strength and people development plans across CEPG
- Ensure adequate capacity and succession plans are in place
- Raise the bar on conducts through continuous coaching
- Improve staff engagement and communication
- Complete the mandatory eLearning before due date
Measures and Targets: - Capacity plans built for all units and succession plans for all direct reports in place
- No overdue eLearning
Qualifications and Skills
University graduate with minimum 8+ years experience in sales management role with retail banking
Good knowledge of banking products, compliance and branch operations and procedures
Strong people management, communication and problem solving skills
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Third Party Applications
Please note: Applications from third parties are not accepted unless by invitation.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.