Associate Director, Senior Investment Analyst - Global Asset Management
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Mar 18 2018-03-14
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfilling your potential right here at HSBC.
Global Asset Management, the investment management business of the HSBC Group, serves HSBC’s worldwide customer base of retail and private clients, intermediaries, corporates and institutions invested in both segregated accounts and pooled funds. Global Asset Management fulfills its purpose of connecting HSBC’s clients with investment opportunities around the world through an international network of offices in approximately 30 countries, delivering global capabilities with local market insight.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Associate Director, Senior Investment Analyst .
In this role, you will
- To provide fundamental equity research on Chinese equities with specific focus on Chinese internet, tech hardware, home appliances and telco sectors
- To provide industry research and macro analysis on the above mentioned industries
- Formulate and generate at least 3 investment ideas per month together with written research report and internally derived financial models
- To provide sector recommendation on a timely basis
- To provide A shares coverage for the team for the HK China Stock Connect. One of the significant alpha source for the China strategy going forward, especially important as our newly launch fund in Oct will allow us to invest more in the A share market.
- Exchange of investment ideas with our regional team and China Joint Venture
- Participate in client liaison and marketing work when required
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- The role holder must be able to work autonomously and provide investment recommendations and advice to the investment team
- The role holder must be able to follow the investment process with discipline and then be able to deliver a logical investment recommendation to the investment team at regular stock investment meetings.
- The role holder must be able to regularly interact and communicate investment ideas or recommendations with all team analysts as well as portfolio managers and country teams.
- Maintain in depth knowledge of the companies of those specific assigned sectors via non financial and management contacts
- Be able to access both the global and regional macro drivers and Chinese government policies that may impact those sectors
- To provide detailed financial models including IS, BS and CF models on the companies under the role holder's coverage
- To remain up to date with the various valuation techniques that required to analyze those sectors
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000ALPF
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited