Associate Director / Manager, Financial Management – Insurance
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG (China and Hong Kong SAR)
- 20 Nov 17 2017-11-20
KPMG China operates in 16 cities across China, with around 10,000 partners and staff in Beijing, Beijing Zhongguancun, Chengdu, Chongqing, Foshan, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Nanjing, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Tianjin, Xiamen, Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR. KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 152 countries and regions, and have 189,000 people across a range of disciplines working in member firms around the world.
KPMG China provides audit, tax and advisory services to a broad range of clients. KPMG’s commitment to quality is demonstrated in our disciplined delivery approach and use of cross-functional teams. As part of KPMG's Advisory function, the Management Consulting practice works with its clients on a broad range of business issues including Financial Management, Business Effectiveness, People and Change, Operational Strategy and Technology.
Financial Management is a key offering for KPMG and it is therefore an exciting opportunity to help further develop and grow our business within a young and energetic team. Our Financial Management team focus on assisting clients to execute their strategy and transform their Finance organisation. As part of this team, you will be working with a broad range of clients from the initial Finance Diagnosis and Strategy through to the implementation of:
- Efficient Finance Operations
- Effective Talent Management
- Managing Through Organisational Change
- Effective Business Intelligence
We are looking for Manager and Associate Director candidates with specific experience in the Insurance sector and skills in some of the following categories:
- Finance Diagnosis and Strategy (e.g. develop a clearly articulated global finance vision and strategy aligned to business needs and a transparent roadmap that can help to deliver cost savings and drive greater business value)
- Efficient Finance Operations (e.g. finance shared services, quality close and integrated reporting, finance function recovery and finance process efficiency)
- Effective Talent Management (e.g. developing effective business partners, competency frameworks, development pathways, finance academies and knowledge portals)
- Manage Through Organisational Change (e.g. finance function integration and/or separation resulting from merger, acquisition or disposal)
- Lead small to medium sized engagements or elements of large engagements reporting to a Senior Manager/Director or Partner
The responsibilities attributable to this role will include some or all of the following:
- Direct and monitor the work of a team of Advisors and Researchers
- Operate as an effective team manager, team builder, coach and mentor
- Effective delegate of work packages to junior team members whilst retaining control over quality of outputs
- Manage and contribute to the development of junior staff
- Actively manage the client interface and take responsibility for delivery and fulfilment of projects presenting to clients/targets in formal situations
- Help to take responsibility for developing new products and methodologies
- Develop, recruit and retain junior members of the team
- Manage your own development in accordance with agreed personal and team goals
The individual will have:
- Strong analytical, strategic and commercial experience
- Proven track record of supporting the sale of consultancy projects and services
- An experienced Financial Management practitioner with a history of successfully delivering of the types of projects outlined in the above section, typically within a Professional Services, Management Consultancy or Systems Integration organisation (typically Big 4)
- Good knowledge of the finance function, its organisation, processes and systems
- Full project lifecycle delivery experience and a proven track record in delivering high quality project, work-stream or assignment outputs
- Driven individual looking to work in an advisory team that will grow significantly over the next few years
- Qualified Accountant, CIMA or MBA holder
- Solid Financial Management advisory experience (with an extensive track record)
- Strong communicator with the personal skills to build strong and lasting client relationships
- Able to demonstrate project based skills (i.e. project management and delivery) relevant to our Financial Management solution set with a proven track record in delivering high quality project, work stream or assignment outputs
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2017 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.