Associate Financial Analyst
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- A.M. Best Asia-Pacific Ltd
- 15 Jun 18 2018-06-15
An exciting opportunity for a qualified and driven finance professional to apply their analytical skills to provide high quality, timely analysis and reports on the financial strength of a portfolio of insurance companies.
For more than 100 years, A.M. Best has served the needs of the global business community with information, products and services that set the standard for insurance industry ratings and analysis. Our rating process provides unparalleled quantitative and qualitative analytical depth for the Best’s Ratings assigned to insurers.
We are keen to invite bright, qualified and committed professionals to apply for the following job opportunity based in our Hong Kong office.
To provide high quality, timely analysis and reports in respect of the financial strength of a portfolio of insurance companies in Asia, under the close supervision and direction of a Senior Analyst, acting at all times with the highest standards of professional excellence, ethics and integrity.
- Conduct thorough, objective and efficient industry and company research in respect of financial and non-financial information, including audited financial statements, public accounts and other relevant management information.
- Perform accurate and timely credit rating and peer analysis.
- Produce timely, high quality credit reports to support the assigned ratings, documenting analysis and recommendations to be reviewed and updated by the analytical team leader or senior financial analyst.
- Present analysis at rating committee.
- Conduct on-going monitoring and surveillance of assigned portfolios, including rating changes, market/industry/regulatory developments, news events etc. under the support and guidance of the analytical team leader or senior financial analyst.
- Keep up to date with relevant industry, market and professional developments through continued professional development and learning, including, for example, undertaking research, attending seminars, market briefings and presentations etc.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with clients in respect of information requests and rating decisions, actively participate in discussions at management and other meetings.
- Maintaining accurate and timely records of ratings documentation in accordance with AM Best policy.
- Be knowledgeable in and follow the policies, procedures and rating criteria used in rating and project work related to your functional area and regulatory requirements.
- Contribute to initiatives to help improve the business process.
You may be required to participate in business travel as required by your assigned portfolio.
Required Qualifications & Attributes:
- Bachelor degree minimum entry requirement (ideally in Economics, Finance, Business, Accounting or Actuarial Science).
Additional relevant professional qualifications welcome.
- Minimum two years’ experience within the insurance, banking or finance sector.
- Financial analysis skills
- Solid understanding of financial markets; economic / industry trends, financial ratios and financial statement analysis.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English.
- Conversational/fluent in Japanese or Korean language is a plus, but not essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills; superior time management skills; the ability to absorb ideas and facts quickly while maintaining a strict eye for detail.
- MS office proficiency.
For further information on A.M. Best Company, visit www.ambest.com
A.M. Best Company is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. Information provided will be treated in strict confidence and will only be used for recruitment related purposes.
Employment at A.M.Best is contingent upon compliance with the Groups Policies and Procedures including the Group's Securities Trading Policy and employees and their immediate family members will be asked to disclose any purchase, ownership or trade of any securities that are likely to give rise to a conflict of interest, any may be prohibited from owning or being involved with any such security.