Associate, Infrastructure Ratings Greater China
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 21 Jul 18 2018-07-21
Associate, Infrastructure Ratings Greater China
The Role: Associate, Infrastructure Ratings Greater China
The Location: Hong Kong
The Team / Business: The Practice was established by S&P Global Ratings to expand our ratings franchise in an area of strong global growth and to leverage our significant infrastructure expertise across the full range of infrastructure asset classes. This growth is especially strong in the Greater China region where the development and financing of infrastructure projects is essential for continued economic growth. Globally, analytical team members reside in 24 locations and work on a diverse range of transactions applying different ratings criteria, predominantly corporate and project finance. We also work on transactions in partnership with other practices on a regular basis. Effective teamwork, strong written and verbal communication skills and a thoughtful approach to problem solving are highly valued.
The Impact: You will be able to demonstrate analytical excellence, good presentation skills in front of internal and external audiences, be able to work well with analysts in other S&P Global Ratings' practices and international offices and maintain and enhance the quality and timeliness of our analysis. Moreover, you must demonstrate an ability to represent S&P Global Ratings in a highly professional manner to global issuers and investors. You will be required to prepare for and attend meetings with senior management teams to extract and analyze information relating to credit quality. Strong organizational skills are also required to support senior analysts and work on multiple assignments.
What's in it for you: This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a high performing global analytical team, covering a sector undergoing experiencing significant regional and global growth and with good potential for professional development and career growth.
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of credits
- Attend meetings and interact with senior management of corporations to obtain information upon which to base credit rating decisions
- Actively participate and be engaged in rating committees. Present findings and rationale to the rating committee
- Actively participate in regional and global analytical work groups to maintain and enhance our analytical industry expertise
- Prepare a variety of materials for publication (rating reports, press releases) of high quality to disseminate and explain our ratings on a timely basis
- Prepare commentaries/ papers on areas of expertise for publication to address investor needs for greater information on sectors, trends or companies
- Share knowledge/ participate in initiatives to improve group operations (through sharing analytical expertise, coaching to more junior staff, project work)
- Cooperate with non-analytical staff to ensure that the process dimension of the analytical work is properly executed
- Demonstrate service excellence and professionalism towards external and internal clients
Skills & Qualification:
- Bachelor's degree. Advanced degree or CFA charter is a plus
- Minimum of five years of experience in an analytical position. Working experience in the infrastructure industry, especially in China, is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English & Mandarin
- Strong financial statement analysis skills and accounting knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- A highly motivated team player who can work autonomously in a global, multi-cultural and fast-paced environment
- Ability to lead rigorous analytical work and lead the publication of timely market thought leadership
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.