Associate, Regional Treasury Analytics
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Drive balance sheet optimization through embedment and usage of forecasting and analytic solutions. The candidate should be the key driver and promoter for the use of forecasting and analytics tools in balance sheet management and strategy formulation in the countries.
- Drive the design and embedment of the country / regional instances of any group strategic programme. Collaborate with other Treasury teams to on design and methodologies while considering current data, system / platform capabilities / constrains.
- Act as the key contact for the Treasury country team in the region.
- Work closely with Regional Treasury Markets and Treasury Risk team to understand their business needs / pain points and translate them into clear requirements and business benefits.
- Working with broader Treasury Modelling and Platform teams and other Projects/Finance/Technology teams to devise a solution that addresses Regional team's needs / pain points. Ensure the final solution is embedded with Regional team and with realized business benefits.
- Ensure the accuracy of the liquidity risk forecasting, collaborate with broader Treasury and technology teams and drive the resolution of any issues / enhancements.
- Identify opportunities to leverage analytical solutions in driving revenue generation and/or operational efficiency, and lead these initiatives.
- Support the central analytics team in standardizing methodologies and solutions, ensuring that the regional perspective is represented and solutions are 'fit-for-purpose' to fulfil business benefits.
- Drive continuous improvement, streamline and standardization of processes in the Regional Treasury Markets and Treasury Risk team to ensure they operate efficiently.
- Degree in Finance / Statistics / Engineering or other quantitative field.
- 2-3 years' experience in banking or consulting, ideally with exposure in areas such as Treasury, ALM, IRRBB, Market/Liquidity Risk.
- Excellent technical skills (Excel, SQL & VBA) is a must. Prior experience with trading systems and/or BI tools (Tableau) is highly beneficial.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to forge strong relationships with local & global stakeholders across various departments (including Markets, IT, Finance, etc). Fluency in Cantonese and/or Mandarin is highly advantageous.
- Quick learner with a critical thinking mindset and a "can-do" attitude.
- Ability to tackle problems and identify opportunities to enhance efficiency (e.g. by building/standardizing tools utilized across different locations).
- Experience in project cycles is advantageous (e.g. gathering business requirements, conduct user testing, recommend business solutions, ensure smooth implementation).
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .