Associate, eTrading Developer
Description About this role Role Description
As one of the largest asset managers, Blackrock needs to be careful around how it enters and exits investments so as not to move the market or erode its alpha. BlackRock also needs to have tools to manage the increasing size and scale of our trades effectively. It also needs to apply electronic trading to markets where it's not yet prevalent. Blackrock's answer to this problem is its unique Electronic Trading team and its implementation of electronic trading strategies.
We use a highly customized version of a third-party vendor product to implement trading signals and strategies for the Equity and Fixed Income/FX trading teams. This is a high profile group where we are in a position to directly impact the performance of our funds by providing tools for traders to make intelligent decisions on trade timing and strategies. Working market hours and sitting on the trading floor, Electronic Trading team members are very close to the excitement of the markets.
We are seeking a new member to join the Electronic Trading team to not only help us support and enhance our electronic trading application, but also to continue to develop innovative tools for our traders. We are looking to expand across additional asset classes as well as expanding the depth of our analytics. The job requires a strong technical background as well as a basic understanding of financial markets. Key Responsibilities
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
- Collaborate with traders to improve trading ecosystem by coming up with creative ideas and discussing new feature requests, issues and resolution etc
- Manage project's priorities, deadlines and deliverables and trading desks' expectation
- Work with global teams to design, develop, and integrate trading analytics, and real-time trading tools into the electronic trading platform
- Provide real-time support for our real time electronic trading platform for equities, futures, and FX
- Design and implement test plan, debugging and defining corrective actions for our tools.
- Design and develop innovative solutions to complex problems, identifying issues and roadblocks around support, testing and development effort
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems & information retrieval
- Proficiency with object-oriented and/or functional programming languages such as Java/C++/Python/Scala
- Strong knowledge in Linux/Unix, Perl, Shell Scripting and databases
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with "big data" environments a plus
- Experience building stream based analytics using as Spark or Kafka Streaming a plus
- Experience with FIX protocol desirable
- Basic understanding of financial markets for FX, Equities, Futures
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.