- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Hong Kong
- 22 Jan 18
Associate, i3, GCNA
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
We are looking for Associate, i3, GCNA This role will be in the Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) team based in Hong Kong, responsible for data analytics.
The role will focus on several key areas: (i) conduct data ETL (ii) detailed analysis into data and identification of underlying FCC risk factors (iii) production of MI decks for key stakeholders on a regular basis (iv) administration and maintenance of MSSQL-based case management tool ("ML Register"), (v) work on intelligence & analytics research projects to identify specific financial crime risk and present to stakeholders to refine on-boarding and due diligence process & procedures.A key deliverable is effective liaison with relevant stakeholders, to expedite information retrieval, summary and analysis, and message appropriately to manage matrix stakeholders.
RESPONSIBILITIES:Support the FCC team in the following activities
* MI - data extraction from company systems for analysis, work with other analytics teams / data owners to obtain data extracts, as required
* Administration and maintenance of FCC HK case management tool ("ML Register") using advanced Microsoft Access and SQL Skills.
* Advanced VBA programming skills to continue to develop the system such as adding Forms and Controls, Event programming, Passing Arguments, and using SQL to interact with the application.
* Act as SQL Administrator - manage and maintain ML Register, working with DBA & clients to optimize performance - SQL database administration skill required
* Deliver MI - using advanced SQL queries to perform data extraction from FCC systems for analysis, work with other analytics teams / data owners to obtain data extracts, as required - required intermediate Tableau skill
* Analysis - advanced data analysis, statistical modelling & data manipulation to identify FCC risk factors
* Research - using data analytics to conduct research into a specific topic and identify FCC risk factors
* Case management tool Administrator - manage and maintain ML Register, working with DBA & clients to optimize performance
* Client - familiarity with SCB systems to conduct client checks and map relationships / associations
Leadership and management
* Establish strong working relationship with key stakeholders: (i) FCC team in HK, (ii) Retail Analytics team in HK, (iii) Business L&C including in particular Segment FCC, (iv) providers of MI data; (v) CDD teams; (vi) RMs; and (vii) Systems teams in Chennai.
* Develop, keep up to date and recommend for approval by the relevant Risk Committee, appropriate policies/processes/DOIs to address financial crime risks, aligning with relevant regulatory requirements.
* Providing governance and oversight over the implementation of FCC-related policies and procedures in [Globa/Region/Country/Business] to ensure compliance with such policies and procedures.
Knowledge development and information management
* Solid experience of Financial Crime, Intelligence Analysis or data analytics, preferably in a multi-national bank or consultancy.
* Propose control improvements, enhancements and simplifications where appropriate.
* Support all control checks undertaken by FCC under the Operational Risk Framework (ORF).
* Collate, analyse and interpret data in reports to senior management and relevant governance/risk committees.
* Analyse and interpret data to produce reports that help the bank identify and manage emerging areas of risk / vulnerability and thus drive remediation action within the FCC function.
* A successful analyst will be innovative, inquisitive, tenacious & self-starting and someone who works well under pressure.
The position requires the following skills/experience:
* Strong Data ETL (data extraction, transformation and loading) from different kinds of platform
* SQL - proven strong administration and development skills
* MS Office Suite - highly adept in MS Office products - managing data, data entry, data extraction, data analysis & ability to present key data analysis findings clearly & concisely
* Data visualization - Strong proficiency in Tableau to perform data visualization
* Money-Laundering knowledge - understanding of major financial crime areas and high risk financial products
* Language skills - excellent written & spoken English, comfortable in writing & conversing in Cantonese and / or Putonghua a plus
A diverse culture
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good. Apply Now...