Assurance - Data Analytics - Senior/Staff Accountant
- Not Specified
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Ernst & Young Hong Kong
- 15 Feb 18 2018-02-15
Our Assurance group is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organizations in the industry. As part of our team, you will provide peace of mind to clients by using your skills and experience to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity
Our Assurance group is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organizations in the industry. As part of our team, you will provide peace of mind to clients by using your skills and experience to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity of financial statements and business-critical information or processes. Groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines) within Assurance include External Audit, Climate Change and Sustainability Services, Financial Accounting Advisory Services and Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services.
Join our External Audit team and you will help our clients meet their reporting requirements by providing an objective and independent examination of their financial statements, timely and constructive discussion with management on accounting and reporting matters, and a robust and clear perspective to audit committees.
You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
EY are looking for a talented and experienced analyst to assist the Assurance business in a dynamic client facing data analytics team.
The role of Data Analytics Expert, based in Hong Kong, will be responsible for designing and delivering a range of data analytics with direct exposure to internal and external clients alike; promoting, demonstrating and delivering the benefits from the use of data analysis in an audit context.
· Transform a variety of client financial data for use in our state of the art audit tools dedicated for audit data analytics in consultation with the audit teams
· Identify, investigate, recommend and implement solutions for audit data issues
· Provide business insights through visualisation, trend and correlation analyses
· Develop your data handling, analytical and client systems skills by way of working on a broad range of client systems and data issue scenarios
· Coordinate and assist to deliver on a portfolio of data analytics engagements
· Potentially liaise with in-country talent hub to efficiently deliver standard and high quality data analysis
Qualifications, Education and Certification
- Degree holder in Computer Science, IT, Software Engineering, or related discipline
- At least 1 - 3 years of relevant experience
- Ability to form productive working relationships with internal clients
- Attention to detail in investigating, communicating and solving problems in relation to data and related business and financial processes
- Familiarity with SQL and other query language
- Proficiency in the mainstream accounting system RDBMS such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, etc.
- Holders of DBA certificates in MS SQL Server, Oracle, IBM DB2 or MySQL are preferred
- Willingness to learn and develop your current data transformation and analysis skills
- Ability to deal well under pressurized situations and frequent deadlines
- Sound working knowledge of MS SQL Server/SQL Server Integration Services
- Sound working knowledge of MS Excel and all MS Office Suite products
- Competent report writing and clear presentation skills
- Excellent written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin)