Audit Manager, APAC
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job. If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us. PRIMARY PURPOSE
The Audit Manager in Hong Kong is mainly responsible for executing the APAC audit plan; establishing and maintaining business relationships; providing updates and guidance to non-APAC teams on APAC operations; understanding local regulations and requirements; and designing audit programs to provide assurance over the operations compliance with the local rules and regulations. This management position requires the application of strategic thinking, project management, decision-making skills, and knowledge of industry and auditing practices. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES Projects - Design, Execution and Communication
Internal Audit Representation/Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with auditees to determine the appropriate scope and timing of assigned projects.
- Design and execute assigned projects, including risk assessment, root cause analysis, and recommendation of practical corrective actions.
- Document the work performed in logical and comprehensive workpapers to adequately support the conclusions reached.
- Influence business unit management to accept findings and recommendations.
- Draft and report on audit results and oversee the implementation of corrective actions.
- Monitor the implementation status of corrective actions and test their validity before closing the actions. If implementation is delayed, obtain reasons of delay and explore with management for interim solutions.
- Actively communicate the audit approach and progress to IAD management, auditees, and/or key BU stakeholders to ensure an open and transparent communication model.
- Establish business relationships and arrange periodic meetings to stay informed of business developments, regulatory changes and impacts, and understand the issues and challenges in order to help design an audit plan that is aligned to business developments and associated risk profiles.
- P roactively communicate regional insight to reporting manager and share updates to IAD.
- Facilitate information sharing across business units and with Assurance functions to reinforce consistency of global operations and raise awareness of necessary regional differences.
- Represent IAD on various committee meetings, as well as cross function working groups, and actively feedback on the information learnt to reporting manager.
- Prepare periodic updates for the aforementioned meetings and continue improving the reporting format to ensure status updates are aligned to regulatory requirements and business asks.
- Re spond to APAC related RFP requests on IAD practice.
- Be a leader of the team and department.
- Lead, facilitate and participate in team and department meetings and discussions.
- Develop and raise project ideas.
- Develop a network of contacts and sources of data in order to identify potential projects and risks or potential impacts to our audit plan.
- Take initiative on department projects or efforts.
- Network with peers to strengthen the IAD reputation and understand the TRP business.
- Hold assigned/agreed networking meetings on a regular basis. Document the meeting notes.
- Attend applicable internal and industry training, as needed
- Bachelor's degree with more than 7 years of experience in either Financial Services audit related and/or business support activities, and strong control mindset.
- Interpersonal, driven, and think strategically.
- Ability to plan, execute, and coordinate projects.
- Experience in risk assessment, root cause analysis, recommend practical solutions, and influence changes.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory environment affecting the asset management industry.
- Ability to work independently, within a team, and in collaboration with other Assurance functions including Risk.
- Ability to work effectively across different time zones.
- Ability to interact confidently with various levels and departments within the firm.
- Strong English and either Chinese communication skills, including verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work with outside vendors to address TRP needs.
- Financial services industry experience.
- Fully qualified accountant or internal auditor (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIA, CISA)
- Additional Asian language
- Asset management industry experience
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.