A multinational investment bank and financial services holding company, and it organised within four business groups: Commercial Banking; Global Banking and Markets (investment banking); Retail Banking and Wealth Management; and Global Private Banking.
- Contributing to robust audit risk assessment of individual Commercial Banking businesses, including the identification and evaluation of top level risks based on analysis and personal expertise
- Preparing and documenting the Audit Planning Memorandum to ensure that the scope, approach, resourcing and logistics of the audit are properly planned and are understood by all auditors
- Identifying possible issues, proposing root causes, determining appropriate questions and evidence required to support conclusions, and conducting full investigations to ensure validity of findings. Ability to investigate issues thoroughly to determine risks, controls, root cause and escalate the issue
- Providing subject matter expertise to assist in audit risk assessment, audit planning and follow up on implementation
- Presenting issues / recommendations to auditee management, actively listening to responses, negotiating details of findings and agreeing remedial actions to address risks.
- Supporting the follow-up, tracking and reporting of audit issues applicable to the region, relevant to CMB
- Practical and recent experience of working in a major Commercial Banking business would be advantageous
- Prior experience of Internal Audit an advantage
- Well-developed written and verbal communications, analytical reasoning, problem-solving, organisational, and interpersonal skills
- Educated to at least undergraduate Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, finance, related field or equivalent experience / professional level
- Externally recognised audit qualification an advantage but not a requirement
- Understanding of the principles of risk-based auditing, risk identification, assessment and management
- Willingness to travel