Automation Engineer - Post Trade
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 15 Aug 18 2018-08-15
Automation Engineer - Post Trade
Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate? We're looking for someone like that to help us:
- Turn business requirements into technically sound solutions
- Take full responsibility for coding, unit testing and delivery
- Work in close harmony with a global team, operating in multiple locations
- Support the team as it establishes agile methods
- Ensure industry standards of risk management are met, working closely with management, BAs and end users to safeguard the firm against regulatory issues
- Support front-to-back testing, working with QA, BAs and end users where necessary
This position is for an experienced Automation engineer to join the Global Equities Cash Post Trade team to make valuable contributions to both the existing platform, and play a pivotal role in the build out of our strategic middle office solution. We're a global team and work around the clock to provide best in class solutions.
Your experience and skills
– 5+ hands-on experience in test automation tools such as Cucumber, JBehave, Selenium
– experience in continuous integration and deployment (Team City, Jenkins)
– strong experience with SQL and MySQL and ability to work with a large dataset
– strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
– a working understanding of code and script (Java, Linux shell scripting)
– ability to understand C++/C# code would be an advantage
– good understanding of FIX protocol
– clear concept in Git version control and branching strategy
– strong communication skill, ability to understand business requirement and explain system behaviour to users
– strong sense of ownership, able to own the task throughout entire life-cycle
– Highly committed, and able to build very close working relationships with both the business and support teams.
– Proactive in driving technical initiatives through the organization, working with business and technical colleagues to arrive at optimal solutions for complex business requirements, often involving several systems and component parts of those systems.
– Able to deliver from conception through to production streamlined, high-availability, high-performance, high-quality, well-tested and easy-to-support software in a timely manner.
– Able to demonstrate technical leadership and influence both within his immediate team and outside of it, and act as a mentor to more junior team members.
– Accountable and have a strong sense of ownership of your system and will continually strive to improve it. You will be proactive about addressing any deficiencies, risks and stability problems by helping to develop & refine software, tools, processes, procedures and documentation.
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?