Bank Funding Treasury Executive
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank Of America / Merrill Lynch
- 20 Jun 18 2018-06-20
Bank Funding Treasury Executive
Bank Funding Treasury Executive
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region's leading financial services companies.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion mission.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunities employer.
SALM (Strategic Asset & Liability Management) is one of the key areas within Corporate Treasury. SALM employees interact daily with internal and external constituents including lines of business (LOBs), other CFO functions such as Balance Sheet Management (BSM), Corporate Treasury Finance, Enterprise Capital Management (ECM), Global Liquidity Management (GLM), internal control partners, regulators, market participants and investors. The mission of SALM is to ensure Bank of America Corporation and all its subsidiaries are sufficiently funded at all times. The team strives to utilize its global presence to provide efficient funding strategies across the enterprise in the most cost effective manner, while managing the risks associated with those strategies.
The SALM team manages enterprise liquidity and ensures that funding is maintained at levels sufficient to operate in normal and stressed scenarios. It is tasked to forecast the sources and uses of funds across a variety of entities and currencies, taking into account business input and projected market conditions in order to manage effectively the Corporation's key cash and liquidity positions. Implementation of funding and hedging strategies necessitates flawlessly executing transactions with internal and external counterparties in accordance with liquidity and capital constraints, internal guidelines, legal limitations and regulatory directives.
This leadership role entails oversight of the treasury desks across The Mainland of China, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
You will work in close proximity with business and control function heads, engage heavily with senior regulators and be responsible for leading an experienced team in region. You will be a key senior contributor in independently assessing and ensuring the effectiveness of the funding objectives across the enterprise.
Key Technical Responsibilities
- Funding execution
- Manage daily rate setting and funding trade execution / coordinate with global partners
- Manage Local and Foreign currency (USD) balance sheet, interest rate and liquidity gap risks
- Balance various factors when sourcing funding including stability, price, and accessibility in changing conditions
- Manage foreign exchange and derivative trade execution
- Oversee daily cash and collateral positions and communicate with global partners
- Provide pricing consultation to lines of business (LOBs)
- Funding forecasting
- Analyze forward balance sheet to provide insight on appropriate funding plan
- Work with business partners to develop an understanding of future business flows
- Work closely with international peers to coordinate flows and promote efficiency
- Investigate forecast misses in order to minimize future variance
- Liquidity risk management
- Monitor daily liquidity risk metrics and elevate key risks
- Lead production and enhancement of periodic liquidity risk reporting
- Be a subject matter expert and consult with LOB's on liquidity risk drivers and constraints
- Manage excess liquidity to meet statutory requirements and achieve maximum efficiency
- Solid understanding of local regulatory requirements/regime
- Balance sheet governance
- Monitor changes in assets and liabilities and understand reasons
- Work with Funds Transfer Pricing to ensure that FTP drives behavior consistent with corporate goals.
- Ensure that a robust control environment is maintained through compliance with all policies, procedures and directives
- Represent Corporate Treasury at LMT and ALCO meetings (as chair)
- Participate in technology enhancement projects
- Perform extensive ad-hoc financial analysis related to funding risks and opportunities
- Respond to spontaneous information/reporting requests both internally and from regulators
- Minimum relevant experience of at least 15 years in Money Market /FX activities (including Asset-Liability management & ALCO exposure), Balance Sheet and Liquidity management
- Significant end to end and in depth knowledge of money markets, foreign exchange, bond and swap markets combined with a thorough understanding of local and US regulation impacting the firms operations under their control
- Influencing skills - must know how to adapt influencing strategies to the audience
- Ability to represent the requirements/capabilities for the Corporate Treasury dimensions
- Analytical thinker - able to think strategically, generate innovative ideas, and to translate strategy to execution
- Confident relationship manager, interacting with people across the enterprise - able to speak in the language of the business
- Strong organizational skills - able to prioritize tasks, juggle multiple projects and follow through
- Self-starter who takes ownership and can prioritize and manage initiatives independently
- Proven leadership background record in the funding objectives and experience in dealing with senior regulators
- Strong ability to communicate effectively across a broad range of constituents including seasoned teammates, upper management and disparate business partners
- Skilled at building and maintaining strong relationships across the enterprise. Ability to deliver a difficult message while maintaining close working relationships
- MBA is a plus, but not required
Posting Date: 14/06/2018
2 QUEEN'S RD - CHEUNG KONG CENTER
- Hong Kong
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40