Big Data Architect
- Highly competitive
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Pure Hong Kong , EA Licence No: 12S5954
- 09 Aug 18 2018-08-09
Working as a senior member of the big data advisory team, you will take responsibility for leading big data related projects, act as a point of contact with clients and mentor and develop team members.
- Maintain and develop client relationships whilst actively building a network and range of experience to help address client needs
- Provide compelling and well thought out solutions to problems of moderate to high complexity
Work with in-house and client architects and other senior IT leaders to:
- Act as a Data architecture SME for the sales and delivery of advisory services around Data Architecture and services
- Develop advisory assets, toolkits and thought leadership around our advisory services to contribute to market growth.
- Contribute to the wider group by participating in and leading people and capability initiatives.
To do this, you will need to bring industry experience and architecture subject matter knowledge:
- Deliver high quality advisory services which bring architecture rigour and insight to complex technology problems.
- Contribute to disciplined execution of advisory services by adhering to budget and schedule.
- Excellent stakeholder management.
- Contribute to business development including Requests for Proposals and new assets.
- Build strong client relationships, through high quality delivery and close attention to underlying business problems.
- Adhere to internal risk/engagement management processes.
- Contribute to the development of a vibrant and profitable Technology Architecture Capability Group.
- Contribute to thought leadership.
- Collaborate with colleagues to maximise shared knowledge and experience.
- Subject matter expertise and experience from either industry, product or consulting background.
- The ability to deliver high quality strategy and technology architecture work.
- Good communication skills and client-facing stakeholder management experience.
- Industry awareness of data technologies and patterns, approaches to delivering enterprise solutions and market trends.
- Understanding of operational, analytical and reporting data, logical and physical data models, ETL, data mapping, structured and unstructured data, data regulation
- Understanding of data management, replication and synchronisation, archiving, test management
- Understanding of data solutions within cloud architecture
- Experience of data warehouse technology, databases, big data solutions both industry and open source
- Experience of architecting solutions as part of an overall enterprise architecture and of producing logical and physical designs
- Practical experience in large scale, enterprise wide, complex transformations would be useful although not essential.
- Self-motivation and ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Fluent English (oral and written) is a requirement. Other regional languages, particularly Cantonese and/or Mandarin would be a distinct advantage.
Deep knowledge of Hadoop is essential for this role