- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Societe Generale
- 17 Jul 18 2018-07-17
SG CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Société Générale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. SG CIB provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions. GLFI / SYN / BND is responsible for addressing borrowers' needs in terms of raising and managing capital in the debt capital markets.
The client base for GLFI / SYN / BND includes corporate borrowers, financial institutions, public sector and sovereigns, as well as non-investment grade (high yield) issuers globally.
In terms of execution, GLFI / SYN / BND's activity covers issuance of bonds of various kinds, including covered bonds, senior unsecured bonds, ABS, private placements, hybrid capital and liability management.
Review, study, and analyse all transactions falling within the scope of SG target issuers in the ASIA PAC for the purposes of determining suitability for syndication, and advising on pricing and distribution strategy.
Ensure that the syndication of the transaction is appropriately executed and co-ordinated to achieve best distribution whenever SG is mandated.
Represent GLFI / SYN / BND in internal dialogues to market pro-actively the syndicated product with colleagues and to support the product lines in pitches and relationship-building with clients.
- To effectively address clients' borrowing needs in debt capital markets by being involved in the pricing and syndication strategy for all relevant transactions
- To monitor and manage the execution of bond mandates (including close co-operation with distribution teams). The primary duty of care of syndicate is to the borrower, yet the transactor should make sure that investors are treated fairly in this process
- To contribute to developing and maintaining a track record of winning and executing bond mandates
- To contribute to the development of advisory and product offering in line with SYN's and DCM's strategy and priorities
- To contribute to the development of the client base in line with GLFI's and SG Group's strategy and priorities
- To represent GLFI / SYN / BND in internal dialogues with colleagues, notably regional / product heads in DCM and bankers
- Role must be performed in accordance with the compliance rules inherent to the business. It has to be done in compliance with internal procedures and external regulatory rules
- Strong knowledge of financial analysis, including pricing dynamics, relative value analysis, hedging strategies, etc
- Proven analytical, numerical and relevant IT skills
- Responsibility - capacity to understand and manage risks (conduct, reputational, financial, etc.) for SYN, GLFI, and SG Group, and act responsibly in line with SG Group Values, Code of Conduct, and other applicable rules & regulations
- Client orientation - ability to build and maintain trusted internal and external client relationships
- Client orientation - commercial acumen and persistence in addressing clients' needs
- Client orientation - demonstrate proactive approach to develop business adapted to clients' and markets' needs
- Innovation - ability to contribute to the development of new client base, advisory, and products
- Team spirit - experience of working with people with diverse, international backgrounds
- Commitment - ability to prioritise tasks and manage competing deadlines
- Communication skills - very strong written and presentation skills required; ability to present topics at large events or with clients in a clear manner; [including language skills (as relevant)]