Business Analyst - HSBC Securities Services
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 07 Feb 18 2018-02-07
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfilling your potential right here at HSBC.
Securities Services provides robust and reliable solutions that enhance performance and mitigate risk, today and in the future. Working with institutional investors, banks, insurance companies, governments and multinational corporations, Securities Services offers a range of fund administration, global custody, sub-custody and clearing, and corporate trust and loan agency services.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Business Analyst.
In this role, you will
- Support and understand structures, operations, processes, product and service offerings, policies and systems
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyse information needs and functional requirements and deliver artefacts as needed
- Utilize experience in using enterprise wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies required
- Work independently and with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers
- Drive and challenge business unit and customers on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- Leverage strong analytical and product management skills required to gain a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into applicable operational requirements
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community and the implementation team through which requirements flow
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates and standards
- Collaborate with implementation teams, supply lines and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade offs between usability and performance needs
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Must be a strong communicator both verbal and written with a comprehensive understanding of content and context
- Displays good presentation skills and can tailor communication methods for the audience, environment and setting
- Is an active listener and displays good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Ability to build and maintain highly effective working relationships with colleagues, clients and third parties
- Shows good planning & time management skills with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks effectively
- Able to prioritise and manage conflicting demands
- Able to articulate a challenging strategic vision and motivate people to achieve this
- Strategic mind set, with strong conceptual, creative and analytical content
- Strong problem solving skills and able to perform under pressure
- Displays good negotiation and influencing skills and can use these skills appropriately
- Self motivated and able to work independently, and under own initiative with a sense of ownership and accountability
- Positive, dynamic and resilient individual, open to change and able to adapt to changing circumstances
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000AEQM
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited